Best Song Ever Bracket!! (Walrus of Walri). All Welcome.

Since @ChrisV introduced it to these shores some of us have been competing in competitions (Walrii, Walrus in singular). One person, the host, sets some categories and the contestants submit a song they love per category. The host then considers the songs, explaining why each betrays a lack of taste and poor life choices in as much detail as they need.

It passes the time.

Nonetheless one song does win each category, and @cassette mooted the idea of a bracket to find the consensus best track among them. That would also pass the time, hence this thread.

To date there have been 97 categories judged. For fans of neat tournament structures then one song has actually won twice, so our winners fit neatly into 16 groups of 6. From each group the top 2 will advance to a 32 song knockout. Fun!

I haven’t seeded the winners, using a random ordering to assign groups. The only changes to that were to not put two songs submitted by the same person in a group. I’ll put up the submitter, host and category for each. I aim to put the first group up tomorrow and give a few days per group, don’t think we’re in a rush.

So for now a short pause in case anyone has any comments on proposed structure etc. Certainly open to suggestions. I’m guessing I have no reason to police voting and will just use the totals.

Enjoy! And, just to be clear, I encourage anyone to vote for any song for any reason, regardless of previous Walriii participation. And then to argue bitterly about it in this thread.

10 Likes

In for epicness

1 Like

Nice. Structure is perfect imo.

Thoughts on putting the write-up from the judge (i.e. rationale for 1st place) as well?

2 Likes

In

1 Like

Im in to watch

1 Like

Voting is fun

2 Likes

Last place champ is IN.

Also which song won twice? That’s quite the achomplishment.

2 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Yeah, I wondered if this would overload the posts but it’s been asked for a few times and I think I can find them easily enough. Possibly best to post them straight after the songs & poll.

I’m in although i didnt really read what i’m in for.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s the greatest song of all time, submitted by two of the best looking and most accomplished submitters, as it happens.

2 Likes

Are the grab bags included?

1 Like

Yep, and also the two semi-incomplete walrus that had completed rounds. I might post the threads I’ve considered later on just to make sure I’ve not missed any.

1 Like

I’m confused - how do songs get into the tourney?

Having won a previous walrus category

1 Like

So is this a walrus or a tournament?

It’s a tournament where each contestant won a walrus category.

2 Likes

cool, so now I have two rooting interests. The songs I submitted that somehow managed to win a category, and the songs that won the categories I judged.

2 Likes

in

1 Like

:sunglasses:

2 Likes