Best decade of music

Only good numetal band is RAtM.

3 Likes

In the late 80ā€™s my brother and I bought 6 Michael Jackson tickets to resell. We sold 4. Didnā€™t even bother to go with the leftovers.

And Keed, jfc.

1977-1993. More than a decade but less than two, and home of the best music, for reasons jwax and a couple others have stated.

I chose 80s, but the 3 years before and after canā€™t be missed.

2 Likes

Of course Dark Side belongs on the list donā€™t make me come over there

Dont forget Jagged Little Pill. Still holds up as the best album of the decade

1 Like

Originally voted 70s, but think Iā€™m changing my vote to the 60s. I was only thinking about English language music originally, but realized I listen to a lot of French music as well and the 60s were a golden era for chanson franƧaise: Jacques Brel, Charles Aznavour, Serge Gainsbourg, even very tail end Edith Piaf. I can also claim Led Zep I and II. 60s for me.

Both bands are fantastic.

Total offshoot question with nothing to do with this thread other than music, but I made a 64 song tournament bracket with the top songs (by Spotify # of listens) from every Zeppelin album for some friends. Anyone interested in a thread (similar to the food vs food thread) with polls and discussion for the matchups? Iā€™d prob need at least 10 people interested to make it worthwhile.

6 Likes

good thread for us aspiring stoics.

3 Likes

Illusion 1 > Appetite

1 Like

I would like to point out that Illusion 2 also came out after Appetite.

1 Like

Not on any list for 1969.

Yes, great idea. What are the songs (Iā€™m interested to see which were omitted)?

Leā€™ts get out of this horrible 80s hagiography thread.

1 Like

Before cassette started his I was vaguely wondering about drumming up interest in a classics walrus, where the idea was to submit and rank songs by bands widely considered unimpeachable.

Since Iā€™m posting here Iā€™ll also add that the Illusion 1 > Appetite might be the hottest take Iā€™ve ever seen. In a way, I admire it.

3 Likes

Do it after cassetteā€™s?

I didnā€™t actually read this thread but I am certain this is the worst take in it.

3 Likes

Oh no not that year my bad

2010s

gregogoat and I have abstained, but we are both 80s :sunglasses: