Being a mod or admin is intolerable, and this community is at a high risk of dying

quoted for fucking truth

2 Likes

Other than Goofy asking Keed some questions no one even acknowledged their desire to mod.

This is so weird to read i feel like @6ix. None of this makes sense unless half of you are trolling me.

3 Likes

Come on man. We very nearly voted in boredsocial until he clarified his positions. Then like 75% of us went and changed our vote.

3 Likes

Right, but that’s like people’s job, they are never going to voluntarily stop. Primarily because most of them think you* are the asshole, not them.

We need to start iterating over some rules. Propose a set, try it for a few weeks, see how it does, rinse and repeat forever.

*Not literally you WitchitaDM.

1 Like

Was thinking Van Zandt myself.

After 8 months of this I probably would have told all the participants to fuck off and banned you all. They have been remarkably patient. You and the others aren’t the persecuted class you pretend to be to justify the behavior. You aren’t victims.

3 Likes

I can get on board with that

No. I stepped down from modding because at the time it appeared the forum might be heading towards some sort of PAC type fundraising (which never ended up happening), and I couldn’t be part of that for other reasons.

1 Like

Yeah, but that was actually often a good thing? Because when someone went to ATF to complain that they had been tempbanned for a day, they were correctly mocked by the rest of the forum.

Wonder whose avatars get put on the painting of the signing of the Constitution when this stuff gets sorted out.

2 Likes

No, it actually boils down to a failed attempt at community moderation where we have no idea how to actually implement it. The rules we have aren’t enforced equitably and don’t envision long running feuds or the level of single-mindedness we’ve seen here. Let’s declare this iteration of the rules of a failure and try something else.

3 Likes

I agree with you. I’ve personally been asking for a no personal attack rule for almost a year and have been told it’s impossible and too lofty. Instead we let the worst behaved members drive the bus because why exactly again?

2 Likes

Unless some of the “harassment” is a group of community members who genuinely feel like they are being mistreated and voicing their concerns.

All of the people on “your side” are de-facto advocating for a mass permaban of users and refusing to take any other solution into consideration no matter what the community voted on.

2 Likes

Right, that’s exactly my point. Boredsocial was honest and acting in good faith…

The fact you can’t drop this kind of petty grievance is exactly why we can’t have nice things.

I’ve enjoyed your posting but these pointless feuds and shots taken are literally 90% of the problem. I haven’t been 100% innocent of it either but I have tried to do better.

3 Likes

My point was they have had no problem dealing with 2+2 shitposters for a decade but are quitting here because being a mod is intolerable. We can debate why that is but it’s obvious something has to change or the next set of mods will be put in the same horrible situation.

1 Like

Mods should have the ability to force specific posters to ignore each other’s posts. You get one warning to calm down, if you continue stirring shit up with someone, you never get to see their posts again. Can be voted on by the community.

But really, as suzzer and others said above, people should make more liberal use of the ignore feature. You get to moderate your own feed.

4 Likes

What other solutions are you even talking about? I’m willing to listen.

No one has taken a shot at you that I have seen.

I strongly support jail for overcooking/undercooking things.

4 Likes