Admin Log

I reset new user notice tl and returning user notice tl to tl2. It had been changed to tl3 at some point. Those are the settings that displays these messages

working on issue where zikzak is still receiving server emails from root.

This led me to changing some contact emails elsewhere that still had his address in them.

Still working it out in my head on how to make this work with “zero trust” principle or as close to it as possible, for whenever I am rotated out.

God damn walrusers

1 Like

3 Likes

Revoked moderator privileges for @microbet, per his request and the end of his self imposed 3 month term.

1 Like

Anonymized account after 14 day cooling off period as requested

Been extremely busy and computer’s been on the fritz (finally in a repair shop though), haven’t had much time for this stuff.

This weekend I am planning on upgrading the forum software and doing a server reboot. Estimated downtime is 10-20 mins.

Ggoreo has requested he be de-admined but I am going to wait 2 weeks before taking any action.

Suspended jalfrezi til next week because he requested it

Added txt record to the root domain for BAT verification, requested by spidercrab

1 Like

per several polls and in a community agreed upon process, I have enabled mod privilege to pocketchads.

6 Likes

I took a peek at our user statistics, a little concerned:

We are typically 1+ million views. In the last 30 we are down to 800k and some change. -34% change. Our daily engaged users hasn’t taken a big hit - we’re down to 180ish from 200. That’s not too bad of a drop. I chalk it up to forum drama + the fact that biden administration is not a huge draw compared to trump.

It is not my job, but I would really like to start advocating methods of drawing more engagement and users to this place. I would love to see us run a few ads outside the site, and work on our SEO.

It might be unpopular, but I would also like to make a proposal soon to change our name from unstuckpolitics.com to something without politics in the name. I’ve tried to draw users here lately for discussion, and the common response is “Ew, I don’t like politics.” But this place has so much more to offer than that. We could still keep the old domain. However, “unstuck.com” is already owned by someone. That would’ve been my first choice.

Anyway just some thoughts from an admin.

ETA: Analyzing the data more, there are some factors to consider. Our DAU/MAU (a measure of community “stickiness”, or how often people return to the forum) is still the same and EXTREMELY high. You want 30% or so, we’re still above 80%. My analysis right now is we are just getting fewer posts than we were before, and that’s driving down the pageviews. Even I myself find myself spending less time here, and there’s no real reason other than there’s nothing interesting going on seemingly.

4 Likes

There was a lot of discussion on the Exile board about things we could do to grow our brand beyond a message board that kind of ended up fizzling out but something like blogs or podcasts could help widen our reach and draw in more posters.

Should I write more long-form OPs, then set up a Twitter account to promote them? Maybe one day that can lead to my own substack.

1 Like

fuck man, if you have any kind of reach that would be enormously helpful. What you write is quite good.

my credit card got hacked so I am leaving this as a reminder for myself to change the payment info for our mailgun account.

untopshot.com?

maybe more seriously unstuckforums.com?

1 Like

Remember, it’s never too late to go for www.slowpony.net

Sorry, I’ve been posting/arguing less.

Eta: Also Cuse gone. Serious percentage of posts between us I bet.

2 Likes

Know you’re joking but since the great kerfuffle wondering how much of the drop can be attributed to the complete absence of Jbro and near complete absence of Keed. Also seems like a number of other good regs have cut down significantly (beetle isn’t around much outside of his TP thread and some topshot) but could be wrong about that ofc.

1 Like