Let's Buy Advertising to Attract New Users

As long as jonnytruant keeps posting memes the rest of the forum is largely superfluous.

15 Likes

I think we have to market ourselves as a more of a general content community with politics rather than politics with some LC material. Perhaps designing the site in such a way that the LC threads are the first ones you see rather than the political material can be more appealing. Changing the name to make it more vague, conveying a sense of community to all while not specializing in a single area.

We also have to get some clear rules and knock off the bureaucracy when developing them. Just put up some common sense rules and roll with it. Along the way they can evolve. Basically, just have people click this link.

That’s all you need for now.

1 Like

If only we could steal the sports traffic from a forum using outdated software by pushing Discourse as a superior option for game-day threads.

1 Like

We’ve got Discourse already I believe.

But yeah that’d help during American football season.

Yes, he was being sarcastic and indicating we should steal 2p2’s sports traffic.

1 Like

1 Like

We need to look to other sites for potential new members, 2p2 is dying.

Let’s just do a bunch of sites. Throw a few benjamins around and see what happens.

3 Likes

I don’t think the thousand bucks will got that far if we targeted multiple places.

Would just buying some add words make sense?

Because they have established relationships with others here going back years. No other reason really. I doubt very much it’s the diversity of opinions and content.

I don’t know what add words are so I’ll defer to you on this one. Not sure I’ve ever clicked on a banner ad in my life, tbh.

A dollar a click doesn’t even sound that outrageous to me. 1000 clicks would get maybe a dozen people to stick around. Sounds good to me. That’s like a 20% uptick in users!

1 Like

Couldn’t we just use word of mouth to let people know about UP?

1 Like

Sure, let’s do that too. Does that mean we shouldn’t advertise?

How often is the Twitter account used?

SEO is basically this

Anecdotally, I’ve tried to direct people irl to the site and the common response is “ew i dont like politics”

Which is why I suggested changing the domain. We can still keep unstuckpolitics, but i wouldn’t mind if the root domain was unstuckforums or something.

3 Likes

Seems a bit harsh. I think there’s good content here.

I’m not sure it is - how many regs didn’t come from the other place? How many regs would have stayed if it was a new forum where everyone was new to them?

You gotta find communities that are already full of politics junkies.

2 Likes

A better idea would be to soft sell the politics part in the beginning to not turn people away.

Instead of presenting us as a political forum, advertise as a forum (with politics).

I think what you’re talking about could be described as “a sense of belonging”.

5 Likes