About Moderation

What bad thing do you imagine transpired, that would have been prevented?

2 Likes

@j8i3h289dn3x7 Jman tell me if Iā€™m getting warm

2 Likes

unsuspending folks in the spirit of Thanksgiving appears to be failing.

3 Likes

The strangest part is that most of the Modless Masterless have kinda boiled frogged themselves, like, any Captain will say ā€˜holy shit these dudes keep getting more ridiculousā€™ but I donā€™t think theyā€™ve truly internalized it. Whereas for myself, who checked in on NMNM almost as little as I did here for over a year, the contrast is stark of how much more dorky and cringe this dork cringe shit has become.

There is literally nothing bad that happened, is happening, or will happen, from people talking a little shit in this thread back and forth. In fact Iā€™d defy anybody to conjure up a makeshift devilā€™s advocate argument about any badness! (Iā€™m trying myself just to test that hypothesis and Iā€™m having trouble; and remember Iā€™m way smarter than you all)

2 Likes

JINX

If you want to field this one below go nuts, Iā€™m genuinely interested and curious:

1 Like

Itā€™s all about prevention.

1 Like

probably not surprising it is so poorly understood given the person in question but youā€™re not making the point you think you are with the milgram experiment. What it showed was that most otherwise ordinary people would inflict harm on others under certain conditions, like duress. Most versions of the experiment tell the participants that the other person will not suffer harm.

2 Likes

Wait sorry I think ā€œfieldā€ is a baseball term and admittedly I donā€™t really know shit about sports other than basketball, but considering everybody here has a rock-hard hard-on for football, umā€¦

Weā€™re malleable af

This post should be an easy ban based on 6ixā€™s history of being banned for personal attacks. Short bans and being unbanned early because itā€™s Thanksgiving are obviously not working as this poster has continuously not learned how to not attack people personally. Perhaps a ban of a few months would do them some good and allow them enough time to reflect on their previous mistakes.

2 Likes

Ok sorry super srs this time,

what point is it you think iā€™m trying to make?

I mean it reads like parody or satire right? This is like an FYP Iā€™d do to be insulting.

You get that he was making fun of goofyā€™s silly post, right?

And then somebody would say, ā€œLol 6ix thatā€™s a good one but plz be srs, weā€™re trying to have a srs discussion. Nobody would ever actually post something like that sincerely.ā€

hard to figure out how anyone could confuse that given like 90% of his posts are attacks of some kind

My preferred outcome is that everyone just learns to get along and stop stirring up drama and dropping personal attacks left and right, so I plan on ~doubling the ban length each time. My hope is this will give people every opportunity to find ways to post constructively and to play nice.

(Unless thereā€™s an egregious violation that warrants more than the next ban thatā€™s due. So someone could go warning, 1 day, 2 weeks, 4 days.)

5 Likes

I hate to sound like a broken record, so please read and think more about the context before handing out bans.

This ban is ridiculous because jmakin called 6ix dumb but 6ix is the one banned for a week for saying calling him dumb is dumb.

I will make a cliff notes to give a trivial-to-follow summary.

Jmakin: 6ix is too dumb to understand the milgram experiment.
6ix: You would have to be dumb to call me dumb.
commonWealth: 6ix is banned for a week for a personal attack.

Youā€™ve shown poor judgement so far. Iā€™m glad econo was here to overrule your mistakes. Maybe we do need 8 mods.