About Moderation

I get that literally everyone is weaponized here (even by mods apparently), but i think the forum would be better off if people wont flag everything they think might gain a victory for their team.

A large portion of the flags (including from captains) are stuff that i’ll bet any amount the flagger wont pass a lie detector saying it actually bothered them.

Otoh i ask (without even doing anything) to not tag (or call) posters weeks after they havent been in the (toxic) conversaton just to mock them (and the poster also added an insult) and somehow that is controversial.

1 Like

This forum in real = GOAT reality TV

So just to be clear, after SK took multiple strident positions, we aren’t allowed to reference how those positions ended up being completely wrong because he didn’t post for a few weeks, presumably because they don’t want to deal with how they were completely wrong?

Come on dude. You’d have a far fairer point if they actually admitted he was wrong about… anything really. They aren’t some victim here. SK posted multiple wrong things about Ukraine, most recently about how he saw nothing about the Russians withdrawing from Ukraine, and Russia just withdrew from Ukraine. You deserve to catch some shit when that happens. They’ll be ok.

2 Likes

If he was wrong don’t you think he knows that?

someonewrongoninternet.jpeg

Why do you constantly feel the need to rub it in? It’s not a good way to be. Is this what you’re like in real life?

First off, I’m sure SK appreciates you infantilizing them this much.

Second, if SK sent out a mea culpa the amount of shit they’d take would drop off a cliff. Instead, disappearing only to come back and start up the same strident bullshit makes it seem like they’re participating in bad faith just to fuck around here.

Also fuck me dude you bring up shit literally a decade old all the time.

2 Likes

Hahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Oh wow.

3 Likes

Ultimately discussion forums need a counter argument as much as the requests to ‘excise this’, ‘put poster on ignore’ and ‘what a troll’ etc posts happen. It’s why mearsheimer is still mentioned virtually daily in that thread. Everybody in that thread now is basically in lockstep on Ukraine issues but that doesn’t exactly stoke discussion.

Edit: CN post is relevant here too, just imo, I don’t think a mea culpa does shit to change it. For better or worse. Probably just leads to a bunch of dunks. Again, for better or worse.

‘where’s keed and the rest of the tankies’ is a very unnecessary post that can only lead to 500 flags in the ukraine thread. asking to knock it off before it evolves into a week long poo flinging thread ruining war is pretty decent modding imo.

The fact that it got criticized is just testimony to how insincere everyone here are.

1 Like

Dogpiling on keed is dumb and you all should knock it off. otoh, I don’t understand why nonstop personal attacks are allowed now.

4 Likes

No one owes anyone a mea culpa. ffs this is an obscure internet forum, not high government office. Lighten up.

Wait, why is that disallowed when I don’t think Keeeed would really be bothered by it if given a lie detector test?

1 Like

It got criticized because your post also would ban me referencing Keed’s Kherson’s comment as well, or any sort of accountability for SK.

since you’re going to be mod again soon in a week or so most likely, do you really think my request to not continue with “where is keed and the rest of the tankies” is wrong, or are you trying to score points for your team?

you sir are a captain and a biased mod.

Trolly consistently takes this kind of position.

You do not.

That seems completely uncalled for.

1 Like

even if that was true, and it clearly isn’t and you have literally no idea what my position is on anything other than i enjoyed the forum more before you got here, how can that possibly be an argument here.

I’m legitimately trying to understand why skydiver is just supposed to suck up and deal with being called a gleeful murderer because you think she doesn’t actually mind, but you want to crack down on a far more mild post because of an imagined shitshow featuring someone who isn’t even posting here?

6 Likes

What? When did i say anything about skydiver?

jlawok.gif