About Moderation

Do we really need to “well actually” this? How about just don’t doxx your fellow users?

1 Like

Yes, it’s related as your situation is what caused me to view AQ’s profile. He’s had that name for a few weeks, but I had not noticed it.

This is something I’ve not paid attention to (because I don’t view myself as a mod or having any other kind of authority), but I think you’re right. I don’t think there’s any reason to have a non-user with mod status, and I’m inclined to revoke it. I’ll give the rest of the day for anyone to suggest otherwise.

10 Likes

don’t disagree at all. in this case though, there is a real difference between him and you (and virtually all of the rest of us) that shouldn’t be ignored

Ignoring the asshole means you don’t see when he doxxes you.

A better analog would be Watevs, who is a well known public figure in the poker world.

If someone updated their name here to say “[Full name] is Watevs” after Watevs changed their screen name and made an attempt to distance their screen name from their real name I think we’d all agree that’s a dick move, even if we had sweated him at a FT before.

2 Likes

Did you actually read my post or just the first five words? Let me rephrase. This rule as written may not clearly prohibit doxxing, so we may want to clarify that in the future and be more explicit about not allowing doxxing.

100%, but it’s not doxxing

no one can argue (succesfully at least) that this isn’t a dick move. It wouldn’t be doxxing though. it’s being a dick.

Doxing or doxxing (originally spelled d0xing ) is the act of publicly providing personally identifiable information about an individual or organization, usually via the Internet.

Sure seems to meet that definition.

1 Like

you can’t provide identifiable information on someone we all know. you can just be a dick to him after he asked not to repeat the information he shared publicly.

being a dick could, especially in this instance, be a bannable offense.

That rule implies the person shouldn’t already have been identifiable, which in c*** rounder’s case clearly isn’t the case because he deliberately announced his real name here, in person, himself, and what’s more other poker players all know him by both his c*** rounder name (under which he’s released videos of himself) and by his real name.

Watevs analogy is apt. Clearly not doxxing but still rude.

Yes, I read it, and it’s ridiculous rules layering. Everyone here understands clear as day that doxxing is completely unacceptable, end of discussion.

Only difference is watevs isn’t a ■■■■

6 Likes

Whatever dude. If we’re going to tie the ban to a rule, I think we should improve the wording of that rule. Maybe I’ll go start an RFCBBQFML and stop nitting up this thread.

And even though cuse ran from the site in shame and we all agree he’s a seedy character, that’s no reason to post a misspelling of his name in an unsearchable bio on a site he doesn’t post on. Ban seems OK.

4 Likes

You think chads will stop doxxing people if the rules against doxxing are more clearly explained to him? Go ahead and try it, dog.

1 Like

This is what jal actually believes.

Also jal also thinks it’s ok to imply cuse is a c word.

Maybe that shouldn’t be tolerated?