About Moderation

You’re lying about that

But, shocker, I was right and ikes was wrong.

Wait what

Which part?

Seriously, you’ve known me probably longer than anyone on this site. I would never intentionally lie to you. So if you think I’m lying about something, I’d like to have a clear and open discussion about that. If I’m wrong, I’m happy to admit that.

Thank you for the kind words. I don’t believe I would be happy coming back to this site as it exists. If we could potentially reboot on a new site, I would likely be interested in that. One criteria would need to include a clear site owner who is capable and willing to set moderation policy for the site as a whole (whichever direction that goes).

3 Likes

No UP in the champagne room

2 Likes

And I thought that Goof Baller vetted and vetoed certain people in the crypto discord? I don’t know, this is just what I’ve been told, I’m sure that I’d have been vetoed by him if that’s true. Doesn’t matter because I didn’t have any interest in trading bitcoins or whatever you guys were up to over there.

And it’s totally unsurprising that there’s little conflict there, because it sounds like there’s a unified purpose to the posting there and some sort of commission/powers that be who vets people and appropriateness of discussion. The former is what’s lacking here for the most part.

I don’t know what that means but I bet its a good burn!

It’s a joke from the discord that any discussion of UP is highly discouraged there.

I’m happy for you or sorry that happened

2 Likes

turns out its both

1 Like

I agree with this.

and no comment on if Goof Baller was one of the powers that be over there, vetting posters and content, noted.

Only matters since you posted your actual moderating plans over there and not here. You discussed your plans more openly over there, right?

Like I said, I shouldn’t have engaged with you. Sorry, won’t happen again.

I am aware of a single time that members were purged from the discord. This was after it was revealed that people were taking information posted there and sharing screenshots of it elsewhere. A purge was done at that time of users who were lurking in the discord at the time. This resulted in a wide range of people being removed. GB is not the owner or admin of the discord, but I do believe he helped compile the list of inactive users. He can confirm that for himself.

The statement made about it not being GB’s discord is related to the fact that the owner and admin of the discord is someone else, who I don’t believe is currently a member of this site.

I made a small number of comments there one night in a joking manner. I am aware those were shared elsewhere and I realize this probably wasn’t humorous to everyone. There was no extensive discussion there though.

In accordance with forum rules can we get rid of this “Temporary” user who just seems intent on stirring up old shit and has nothing of value to add?

Why are you doing all this mealymouthed attempt at clearing your name with half truths? Did you really think your invitation to ununstuck was in jeopardy? Or is this yet another errand you’re running for goofyballer without questioning him in the slightest, just like the Discord?

I think your initial take on what’s best for you was correct, and you’re just making things worse today.

For his own good.

Which is more than you posted about your plans here. Anther honest mistake, I’m sure. Goof baller being an influential member of the discord who shaped the membership there is relevant because he was very much on one side here, and you ended up banning only his forum enemies. And only posted about your plans on his playground.