About Moderation

true or false:

I flagged a post that contained the n word and you accused me of trying to start drama, and then did not remove the offending post in the end. repeated attempts at bringing this up have been edited/deleted (not moved).

Am I misunderstanding what happened?

It’s not important to me, because I know I have little chance of having an open discussion about this without either facing public or private harassment and censorship of what I’ve posted in response. I seem to be the only one moderated in this manner.

Dude shut up no one cares

6 Likes

You flagged a post ~3 weeks after it was made and I asked you

Anyone interested in rehashing this yet again can scroll up in this thread back to May 12th. I even explained why I didn’t delete the post you’re complaining about.

Sure, but no one passes that kind of purity test. There are unavoidable impacts to blindly enforcing consistency, just as there are unavoidable impacts to using discretion in different situations. And even in the cases of moderators who pursue the former, they are not going to pass the same purity test. No one can live up to that standard.

I would ask that we chamber these kinds of thought terminating cliches. They put a stop to rather than encouraging discussion.

4 Likes

Lol, yea anyone can go read it after you’ve deleted/edited posts to make yourself look good. The time of when I reported it makes no difference - you said the proper route is to report posts and I did and got mod-trolled for it because you’re an insecure loser with a power fetish on a site with 100 users. go you!

(I hope my harsh tone is not construed as harassment - I’m not sure the proper way to construe that I think you’re an asshole. I am confident however that you will survive)

someone cares - I’ll bet my life savings this post gets edited or deleted

MOD EDIT: Removed a reference to a previous admin as users were advised would happen in this post

This is a joke notice just in case anyone decides to demand justice for Marksman.

1 Like

tenor-2

3 Likes

I reckon the over harsh banning of Jal, Six & Cassette is some sort of long con - now we’ve had some relection time 'n all

LMAO “long con” How much traffic was in this thread the month before they were banned? How much has been in here since then?

You’re right man, the forum had way more traffic before they were banned.

Since then it’s been a good place to escape the crowds but It’s picking up around here now

Quality > Quantity, imo

Outsde the boundary of acceptability (banhammered), after all those years you shared together… SAD

Maybe some frustration set in… frrom both sides… maybe another pandemic is key to forum longevity

Seems quieter now caffieneneeded was actually conscripted for his ER skills in UKR or the Gaza strip, GL GL

We both know there are at least two places you can chat with your bois about whatever you want, free from the restrictions of this “harsh” domain. The only thing you could possibly be missing out on is the conflicts between them and their forum enemies, which,

:thinking:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Technical Problems

No

Not fair, he accurately predicted 24 of the last 3 waves.

So why’s a right winger so bad he got banned from the old digs welcome here?

I’m not comfortable with a place that preemptively bans people. Give them a chance to hang themselves.

1 Like

I was hoping the banlusting had passed.

1 Like