About Moderation

right the rule is

3 Likes

Last time I brought this up, CW agreed that it was.

I believe permabans were voted down as a moderation tool. meb tried to angle around that with 10-year bans and now you are trying to angle around it.

1 Like

It’s pretty straightforward really

RFC: Mods should not resolve flags against their own posts.
Mods should recuse themselves from taking action on a flagged post when they authored the post.

I don’t see that as relevant. CW is the head mod and he agreed with me last time that mods should defer to other mods when the flag involves them.

Well we all know I’m bad at reading polls but I think you’re wrong here

Maybe there’s a more recent poll than July though.

Letting trolls shit on the carpet over and over is even more insane, yet here we are.

9 Likes

Well the forum threw a fit when I banned cuse for like 14 hours for abusing the post report function so this is all pretty comical to me. Cuse invoked that rule at the time, which was at least as broad an interpretation as cassette’s. But this is all just Judge Dredd shit now so who cares.

1 Like

I figure there must have been some rule, given meb going with the 10-year thing instead of perms.

I hereby nominate Trolly for mod.

3 Likes

This thread is utterly incomprehensible, you guys. What the hell happened? What is this debate even about?

(I’m positive I typed “this debate” the first time.)

2 Likes

Jbro was not moderated for a personal attack on me, he was moderated for referencing old drama. Doesn’t matter who it involved. I haven’t acted on any of the current personal attacks directed at me ITT.

2 Likes

Max demands a pound of flesh in response for any mod action on a forum he doesn’t participate on except to complain about moderation.

Wrong

Seconded.

hahaha right it was just a happy coincidence that he was referencing a particularly embarrassing episode of yours.

Sour grapes because you can’t ban me? A position just opened up.

1 Like

4 Likes

This is an incredibly bad look for the site. The only people who care about rules in this context are those looking to angle them or skirt the edge or whine about them.

Just. Ban. Them. Keep banning them if you have to. This is such a profound waste of everyone’s time, trolls included. Go volunteer somewhere to atone for this shit. The world could use it.

This isnt hard. Stop making this hard.

20 Likes

Do you always grunch this hard? The moderation approach you’re describing is exactly what’s happening. But the results are … different than what you predicted.