About Moderation (old original thread)

While I believe this post was made in good faith, given that Johnny’s reply was to a post of yours saying that “perpetually aggrieved posters aren’t going to stop because you’ve asked them nicely to stop” it can come across as trolling so I’ve hidden it.

Except I remember for a fact that Trolly has called out jman, told goofy to calm down, and has at least tried to mediate. Meanwhile you’ve never ever (at least publicly) asked one of your hound dogs to back off any of the number of people they routinely harass or done anything to help tensions in this forum except escalate them tenfold.

Yuv, I wish you and I could get back to a better place. I was out of line when I accused you of gaslighing a week or so ago and I regret that. I apologize for being a dick to you. I like your posting and plus you taught me how to make shakshuka.

3 Likes

Consensus decision-making usually sucks.

That’s more a characteristic of humans under a malignant system that rewards this behaviour, whether capitalism or authoritarian forum mods.

Humans outside such systems have an interest in being cooperative and kind.

1 Like

Dear everyone -

Go to one of these threads and look at cool things and cute animals. These are just examples; there are other great threads here. I promise you it’s a better use of your time than whatever this (and its sister threads) is lately.

5 Likes

In his defense he didn’t realize that this week had 3 Fridays.

5 Likes

Thank you goofy, very helpful and constructive post.

2 Likes

Thanks for shutting down the bickering thread.

The sabo bullshit thread should be next, as it’s doing the same thing. There’s no need to relitigate that again, and the reasons being put forth are based on nonsense standards that the vote hit anyways.

@anon84698652 the number of posts in the thread isn’t the problem.

micro is such a shit stirrer!

You either know why that is or you’re pretending not to - most of those posts were replies to Trolly (237), you (231), Jman (200), otatpo (114), etc.

well ofc they are replies. You are not talking to yourself jal.

2 Likes

Let he who has not posted in this thread be the first to call out people for posting in this thread.

2 Likes

The point you’re missing is

A: PoV
B: Disputes it or demands proof, often in bad faith
A: Replies to B
C: Turns up on time agreeing with B, adding another point
A: Replies to C
D: Same as C
A: Replies to D
E: Same as C
A: Replies to E

For each circuit of this A will likely have 4 times as many posts itt as each of B, C, D and E.

People not itt then see it at the top of the activity list, come in and say something like “I might have guessed it would be A who’d be shitting all over the forum again. Ban A!”.

1 Like

Especially when Goofy makes a point to highlight it. That used to be a specialty of his in the early days.

jal ain’t nobody saying your post count is a problem here. I’m impressed by you putting so much effort into a post despite, you know, not reading the posts you responded to.

1 Like

What is your solution? Or at least ideal outcome if you don’t know how to get there.

fuck me how did i get in this list. gotta find the next dude on the list and call him some names so he’ll respond

2 Likes

I want an endless chain of replies. I want some posters to learn how to reply in a way that doesn’t get them banned so the chain remains unbroken.

I would characterize this forum’s disagreements as meta-political.

You need to team up and attack him, then he’ll be creating many more posts than you. Several posters here can advise you and might even wade in if they’re bored.

Wrong. You can see how deep the political divisions are from the difference in attitudes to authority here and bans. Your idea of a left winger is Bernie fucking Sanders lol, and despite his centrism he’s still too far left for some of your “side”.

But there’s also a lot of blood under the bridge here, no denying it. Mods turning up and saying they hope people will get over their grievances and get along together are a bit clueless when you consider how some of our friends were (and continue to be) treated and run off the site by your team of attack dogs.