About Moderation (old original thread)

Thank you goofy, very helpful and constructive post.

2 Likes

Thanks for shutting down the bickering thread.

The sabo bullshit thread should be next, as itā€™s doing the same thing. Thereā€™s no need to relitigate that again, and the reasons being put forth are based on nonsense standards that the vote hit anyways.

@anon84698652 the number of posts in the thread isnā€™t the problem.

micro is such a shit stirrer!

You either know why that is or youā€™re pretending not to - most of those posts were replies to Trolly (237), you (231), Jman (200), otatpo (114), etc.

well ofc they are replies. You are not talking to yourself jal.

2 Likes

Let he who has not posted in this thread be the first to call out people for posting in this thread.

2 Likes

The point youā€™re missing is

A: PoV
B: Disputes it or demands proof, often in bad faith
A: Replies to B
C: Turns up on time agreeing with B, adding another point
A: Replies to C
D: Same as C
A: Replies to D
E: Same as C
A: Replies to E

For each circuit of this A will likely have 4 times as many posts itt as each of B, C, D and E.

People not itt then see it at the top of the activity list, come in and say something like ā€œI might have guessed it would be A whoā€™d be shitting all over the forum again. Ban A!ā€.

1 Like

Especially when Goofy makes a point to highlight it. That used to be a specialty of his in the early days.

jal ainā€™t nobody saying your post count is a problem here. Iā€™m impressed by you putting so much effort into a post despite, you know, not reading the posts you responded to.

1 Like

What is your solution? Or at least ideal outcome if you donā€™t know how to get there.

fuck me how did i get in this list. gotta find the next dude on the list and call him some names so heā€™ll respond

2 Likes

I want an endless chain of replies. I want some posters to learn how to reply in a way that doesnā€™t get them banned so the chain remains unbroken.

I would characterize this forumā€™s disagreements as meta-political.

You need to team up and attack him, then heā€™ll be creating many more posts than you. Several posters here can advise you and might even wade in if theyā€™re bored.

Wrong. You can see how deep the political divisions are from the difference in attitudes to authority here and bans. Your idea of a left winger is Bernie fucking Sanders lol, and despite his centrism heā€™s still too far left for some of your ā€œsideā€.

But thereā€™s also a lot of blood under the bridge here, no denying it. Mods turning up and saying they hope people will get over their grievances and get along together are a bit clueless when you consider how some of our friends were (and continue to be) treated and run off the site by your team of attack dogs.

Jal I thought when you took several weeks off from posting this place was going to turn into rainbows and unicorns.

fc0

5 Likes

Youā€™re right, no amount of letting you guys (the royal ā€œyou guysā€ meaning both sides) piss and moan is going to resolve anything and just further increases hostility. I was stupid to think otherwise.

3 Likes

Were you not paying attention the last few weeks? Itā€™s been appreciably better with little conflict, including a potentially contentious mod vote which was resolved peacefully in favor of your side all around with no complaints! (can you imagine the grief had it gone the other way though)

Of course this level of civility must tilt the fuck out of certain people who left and must not be let standā€¦

3 Likes

It resolves mods having to waste hours dealing with this stupid shit all the time which is a win in my book.

1 Like

Charge your phone!!!

6 Likes

The thread was already in slow mode when I posted the gif but it was set to 15 minutes and people were clearly sitting waiting for that time to run down so they could prolong the fighting to I extended it to 2 hours. I did briefly disable slow mode by accident when trying to adjust the time.