About Moderation (old original thread)

Not really sure what’s going on, and maybe I’m just being stupid, but it looks like there have only been three posts reported in the last 2 days, and the end result was that two threads were locked and no posts hidden or deleted.

7 Likes

No big deal, it’s a very easy fix.

whome

4 Likes

Wait lol. Wait. My schtick?

You’re doing that right now in the very post I’m quoting! Unless you’re saying you were legitimately confused about Demonstration (via signaling) Of (Virtuous) Status vs Signaling (via demonstration) Of Virtue (virtuous status). It’s so much your schtick it’s seemingly an unconscious habit.

Also, despite the sarcasm I actually am super helpful always, and this post is no different: If you’re going to lie about the content of my posting, like, my normal schtick, the last person you want to tell that lie to is the one person who knows more than anybody else that you’re lying. I know the content of my own posts, what schticks are normal and varying degrees of abnormal, and I’m not going to be jedi-mind-tricked. That’s the First Rule Of Lie Club!

It’s really the sort of thing you want to save for, say, a private group PM with Team Careful Reader. Way more mileage there.

Whoa look who landed his hang-glider.

You’re welcome. Here’s super helpful thing #2, and it’s kinda universal for all formal and informal negotiations and arguments, whether it’s business or arguing with your family, spouse, kids, even pets: When you overzealously address one question/statement and steadfastly ignore other questions/statements, everybody notices that you’re doing this and everybody knows why, and it only calls more attention to the latter.

I mean, @mrwookie apparently had to ground his hot-air balloon to handle this piece of important business, but how long would the list be of ignored statements and questions be? That’s a rhetorical question; the answer is, long enough that Suzzer would have a conniption fit.

You both even ignored the second question of that post! Just, like, try, a little, to not be so transparently ridiculous. That’s all I ask.

Super helpful thing #3: You might want to sit down for this, but the Grammar Nazis and the Soup Nazis aren’t actually nazis.

p.s. Oh shit I just noticed this whilst I was typing:

At this point there’s no way you’re gonna believe I’m asking out of concern, but I am: Do you honestly not even notice that you’re doing this?

He said “weird flex”. You asked him what that meant. He tried to explain. That and the other posts that resulted were a discussion in a discussion forum. That’s all!

There’s nobody, you included, “refusing to drop” something “dumb and meaningless” and “just going on and on and on” and ON AND ON over anything. It’s just two people talking about some shit, and the only reason it even becomes a thing ever, with any of this shit, is because of this gross and toxic attitude by you and others, making it a thing.

Compare the amount of posts of people engaging in or trying to hash out “drama” to the amount of no-content shit whining about “drama”. The latter is the drama, the former is just people typing words in the rectangle and clicking reply. That fact that you’re the main offender doing both simultaneously (but certainly not a huge lead, and some that focus way more on the latter are giving you a run for your money) is downright abusive.

10 Likes

Why the hell am I getting notices from this flaming dumpster fire thread!?!? Did someone change a setting or did I mess something up. I want nothing to do with this. I certainly don’t need to be notified of the latest excrement releases.

2 Likes

Due to a moderator misclick the setting was changed for everyone. You can change it back to whatever you like by clicking on the bell icon.

3 Likes

Vote mod rotation to prevent mod burnout blunders like this.

7 Likes

You were*, and everyone knows you were. You are going to live your entire life and die without ever persuading a single person you genuinely suspected I was about to send Wookie a ton of weird PMs.

You should probably step back for a few minutes before you reply, and consider that you are currently trying to promulgate an absurd fiction, the central premise of which is that you are considerably less intelligent than you actually are. That is a weird spot to find yourself in, man. I’d be asking questions.

*Like I wouldn’t describe it as lying, but the words you wrote did not literally describe your true impressions and intentions, so whatevs.

3 Likes

Something seems to be going wrong here and I am getting notifications for replies to this thread. Any idea what’s going on?

1 Like

There’s an option to “watch” the thread now. Basically, you get a notification every time a comment is posted there. Switch it to normal or muted and you’ll be fien.

2 Likes

4 5 7

9 9 9

9 9 8 9 9

10 9 9

12 21 22

11 13 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14

15 16

2 14

14 3 44

25 26 27 28 29 30

32 33

34 35 36 37 38

41 44

46 45

47 47 48 49 50 51

55 54

59 60 61 66 62 63 64 63 65 67 36

69 70 70

71 71 72 73

74 74 75 76

85 88 86

87 85 89 90 90 91

92 92 93 94 95 96

97 98

99 100

9 Likes

Well played, nice use of the Doborov Conjecture

2 Likes

How does one do that?

1. click on hamburger icon (between search and avatar)
  2. Preferences
  3. Categories
  4. Click Show under Watched
  5. profit

What is step 5 and beyond? (I feel as if I just failed an IQ test)

2 Likes

And on mobile

3 Likes

sddefault

2 Likes

I have no updates on the jmakin permban situation but his known gimmick is banned until 3021.

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bickering about old drama

If anyone wants to insist on continuing this squabbling they can take it to French BBV or get a day off posting.

5 Likes