About Moderation (old original thread)

I’m not in that thread enough to know. Are people mad that Churchill constantly takes shots at the US? Before Trump, back when I was less ashamed of the US, my jimmies could get rustled by outsiders relentless ragging on us.

2 Likes

There has been an ongoing imbroglio surrounding the usage of the words centrist and shitlib.

1 Like

He has clearly been doing it. I can’t say for certain if any jimmies have been rustled. It’s a fair assumption that those disparaging comments did not go unnoticed.

^ exactly

Churchill annoys me but I think he mostly posts in good faith and isn’t breaking any rules.

3 Likes

^ and this too. I think that’s pretty much the whole story. Def not ban worthy but definitely pokes a bit.

1 Like

Yes, I remember. :grinning:

FWIW from what I’ve seen of his posts they’re mostly posted from reputable news sites so while there might be some element of trolling too (in a subject that should be off limits for trolling imo) I think a few people overreact because they’re arguing against a poster who got off to a bad start here, not the post.

1 Like

Let’s catch up with out favourite moderator, @MrWookie, who is definitely not on a power trip, banning anyone and everyone he sees. Am I allowed to post deleted posts here? Because I’d just like everyone to see what you banned me for.

Here to complain about the recent personal attacks all over both c-word threads but apparently only jal catching a temp ban. This is only going to strengthen the concern from some on the forum of bias by some moderators, who themselves have recently engaged in personal attacks in those threads.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure my next ban is going to be for split infinitives, or wearing a funny hat. But while I’m here, I’d like to expose what a fucking shit show this is.

I, for one, am looking forward to several dozen posts about how talking down to a woman using blatantly sexist tropes is totally fine and dandy because you didn’t outright call her a “fucking idiot.”

What? I called her a “fucking idiot”? Evidence, please?

Are you sure you didn’t confuse me with someone else?

Ok, sorry, I got what you meant. Sure, I’ll state my case, let me collect the quotes.

I’m looking for an explanation of why the other recent attacks in those threads, including your own, have gone unmoderated.

3 Likes

Geez man.

Jman is the guy in NFL fights that instigates just enough not to get a penalty but enough to prod the other guy into retaliating and getting the 15 yard penalty. I feel at this point, we need to re-implement the feud rule and say anytime he rehashing a fight with the “crew” it should be a temp.

He’s fine when he’s not engaging them, but he knows exactly how to push their buttons, and clearly enjoys doing it.

3 Likes

[quote=“j8i3h289dn3x7, post:90, topic:4000, full:true”]

Posted by me in the thread and deleted by Wookie (the post for which I was banned):

Well, we wouldn't want to get down to 3 females, that would send jman off a cliff.

My own comments regarding this: clearly I’m taking shots at jman. I have tried to be polite to skydiver, and that has come across as condescending, I guess. Maybe my next ban should be for clumsy prose. Regardless, there is literally nothing misogynistic about this exchange. If you want to ban me for taking pot shots at your bro, just come out and say it. Banning me under all these other pretences makes you seem a bit disingenuous.

1 Like

Plenty of others on both (or should that be all) sides engaged in personal attacks enough to catch a temp but didn’t. Including some mods.

Defending yourself against a charge of personal attacks by admitting to making personal attacks? Bold strategy, Cotton.