The Great C-Word Referendum - A Poll

Yea I agree that the word is highly problematic and anecdotally appears to have been used more recently almost out of spite.

But I thought that one of the cool things that originally separated us from 22 was letting people talk freely, and exercising context and good judgment when making mod decisions rather than blanket rules.

2 Likes

I have no desire to participate in a community that shares your values. But this entire thing has consistently been a “fuck your feelings, snowflakes” position from your clique. This isn’t new. This is just you finally admitting it.

3 Likes

I would prefer that mods be empowered to treat posters acting like children as children, the way skydiver did.

5 Likes

It’s all a storm in a teacup but as Flynn says in the other thread insisting it’s sexist wherever it’s used is about ignorance-based parochial, insular American hegemony of the type that got you into the mess your country’s in now more than anything. Still, that’s your problem.

1 Like

Good to see you’re admitting that you told one of the like only 4 females on the entire site to “shut up” in the thread about the c-word.

Nice try. No, I’m telling you that.

I guess this was destined to be the continuation of the previous thread (or at least what I assume it was).

I see both sides throwing stones again (including mods) but jeez I wonder who is going to end up with temp bans this time…

4 Likes

Wait so if the community comes together and says a word should not be censored and a mod says they are going to ban people who use it going against the communities wishes there should be no pushback or criticism?

4 Likes

Wait, what? jman is a guy, right?

Womp womp.

This wouldn’t even be a thing apart from your obsession with jafreizi

I guess I’m one of the clique now

3 Likes

I was talking about skydiver8.

1 Like

Why is this post flagged?

1 Like

Then why have rules or banned words. Just let anyone who is a mod make it up as they go.

1 Like

You’re right.

It has more to do with the “fuck your feelings” attitude on display in this very post, and all across these threads by certain members of the forum. The insistence on use of the c-word (or the “principle” behind it, lol) is just a symptom.

2 Likes

Exemplary use of ignore function imo

How would you describe a clear and obvious disregard for the opinions of the people most impacted by the outcome of this vote in a totally impersonal manner?

Well the Skydiver “incident” was proceeded by a 30-ish post argument between wookie and jal where wookie was giving as good as he got. Then sky entered and threw a temper tantrum. Maybe she should have temp banned herself?

Seems to me a couple of the mods didn’t like the result of the vote and refused to let it go.

2 Likes

@pocketchads for mod.

3 Likes

lol really? Just leaning right into the stereotype, aren’t ya?

1 Like