About Moderation (old original thread)

1 Like

What is it you’re trying to produce, and are you open to the idea that different people want to produce different things?

1 Like

fucking scintillating

2 Likes

imagine if i went in that thread and started screeching about not whether american cheese is good or not (it’s not, it’s the worst thing ever) but about how people shouldn’t even discuss whether american cheese is good or not (it’s not, it’s the worst thing ever)

it wouldn’t even be insane, it’s be like people would want to do a wellness check on me cuz they’d think i was having a stroke

1 Like

1 Like

He’s out there operating without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct. And he is still administrator of this forum.

1 Like

Lol no bullshit, totes ded srs: i think that motivational poster is intentionally meta, itself making a bad analogy, in the sense that those are pictures and not words.

then again i should’ve just used an analogy about discussing whether or not it’s good to fuck the Donald Ducks (it’s not, it’s the worst thing ever)

1 Like

whoo boy you’ve done a whole lot of shit without approval before man how are you presenting this like it’s breaking news

1 Like

You’re gonna need a new huckleberry.

1 Like

one of these day you should look up what “beg(s) the question” actually means

(whoo boy)

is he already gone?

1 Like

A word is also a picture of a word

It’s a little-known statistical fact that people who rave about American cheese also go crazy over Bat Out Of Hell.

Shaq’s about to eat five gyros. Autogyros, specifically: two red ones, two white and one blue, as if painted for a Fourth of July airshow. The stage matches the garishly patriotic colour scheme, Yankee Stadium’s field paved over with plinths daubed in stars and stripes. Shaq himself is dressed like Evel Knievel dressed like Uncle Sam, but without the beard or hat. With that grin and that enormous stature, it would be impossible to mistake him for anyone but Shaq. A hundred cameras pick up the sweat criss-crossing his brow, and a manic, queasy smile is smeared across the Jumbotron for a sold-out stadium crowd. The plinths with the gyrocopters are squatting on first, second and third base, with two in the outfield. Shaq himself is on Home, standing but not waving to the crowd, as if about to receive an Olympic medal. Anticipation, confusion and worry beat down on us like the August heat.

“He’s not gonna do it, is he daddy?” My son clutches tight to the hem of my basketball shorts. Like a lot of people, I dressed up to come here: the crowd is a sea of uniforms, with a few Cavaliers and Bulls scattered around and even a handful of Phoenix Suns, but most of us are Lakers. The yellow doesn’t suit me, but my boy said I could be Isaiah Thomas.

“There’s no way, even if he had one bite he’d get super sick!” my son adds, genuine worry on his face. He’s not the only one with concerns. When Kanye West’s ‘Power’ announced Shaq’s appearance onto the field, only a third of the packed stadium could find the heart to applaud. Maybe Shaq’s already sick, I want to say. Maybe Shaq’s been sick for a long time and this is just the culmination, the shark-fin above the water that we’re seeing too late to stop. Maybe we’re all sick for calling his bluff.

Why would you post what you felt was the dumbest chart in the greatest covid thread? Why is the chart dumb?

The nuisance was that some covid variants presented in different ways - according to the millions testing positive and self-reporting their symptoms at the time, anyway.

To make fun of you.

It’s a mystery.

edit: people this is sarcasm, churchill wasn’t made fun of. The NYT was.