About Moderation (old original thread)

Fucking clown LMFAO. BTW jman has been going to Disney long before he had a family. I can also tell how little you care about this stuff by how you have to immediately post about absolutely any reference to it. I mean at least I occasionally take breaks from it.

The appeal to some adults is it’s fun and brings them joy.

Yeah I mean I’m super cynical and I didn’t grow up with Disney at all but I went to theme parks in my sort of early adult years and found them all a bit shit (except when I drank before/during my times there). Especially the non-rides stuff (which I guess is the joy bringing stuff) like parades, shows etc. Anyway, to each their own but I was just curious as to whether there was some specific quirk/charm to the parks that appealed to adults that I was missing.

I’m a bitter, cynical old man and I had a great fucking time at Disneyland.

We’re going back next spring.

3 Likes

I wonder what that quirk could be?

What did you enjoy? Like outside of fun with family which I can imagine being a nice time (I have no children and don’t intend to ever have any).

Edit: Because it made it sound like my family were all dead lol

I went to disneyworld when i was 13 and all me and my mom did was sit and look at obese people in owe. In our defense we never seen people like that plus body shaming was not a thing we known about yet. I enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Some people enjoy smashing their penis with a hammer. All the power to them, I say.

Probably exactly what you think I think it is.

We had like 5 drama free months, pretty good.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the rides, I enjoyed the shows, and I enjoyed how the staff at Disneyland really buy into the magic and make the place special.

2 Likes

I liked all the children, personally

1 Like

I dunno, I ran to the fainting couch at the arse-spurs smackdowns happening in the premier league thread.

I was just listening to the new Tifo podcast, which was about Spurs and basically was “they’re not playing well, is that a problem or not?”

Not sure if blocked party or its always sunny is next

Ah yeah, I’ve never ever noticed the staff except when they’ve looked basically suicidal. Admittedly never been to the US ones, only Europe and French customer service is very distinct from American haha

Congrats on spending a bunch of money to do something you could have easily done for free while passing on a unique experience that lots of people enjoy.

1 Like

God, maybe it’s an Australian/European thing but the vast majority of non-UP people I’ve discussed this with don’t really get the charm (outside of time with family and their kids enjoying it). Maybe USAian ones are just better. Anyway, apologies for the segue.

lol. wait till you hear about the time my dad took me to the circus when i was 6.

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Lol, you actually got a laugh out of me on this s one. I’m sorry I got so under your skin that the best you could come up with was implying that I was a pedophile. You’re usually better than this.

Anywho, sorry to disappoint, but no, I did not travel to DW before I had kids. I went once when I was 9 years old and didn’t return again until my first child was 2. My wife had to actually work really hard to convince me to go, I thought it sounded stressful and not fun, and I thought our daughter wouldn’t handle the crowds or the lines. I was wrong. My wife and I love to go on vacations and travel, but prior to kids we just went on a lot of cruises and some land vacations to Europe and the Caribbean.

I do think that a once in a while trip to Disney could be fun for adults, but probably only as part of some other trip. The huge appeal of Disney is that it keeps your very young kids occupied and entertained (in a way that other types of vacations doesn’t at that age). I highly recommend it for anyone with kids under 10.

I also recognize Jbro that you might not have the kind of relationship with your family that would cause you to understand why spending a lot of time with them in a place where they are very happy is it’s own reward. Sorry if my constant references to it hit a nerve.

3 Likes