About Moderation (old original thread)

WTF happened here today?

1 Like

It would be brave to actually go there (and eat).

3 Likes

Friday ran a little long this week.

Iā€™m not going to say I agree with everything that Meb did these past two days, but he definitely did care about this place.

If we really lost him for good as a poster, thatā€™s really unfortunate.

3 Likes

I might be moving to the Columbus area in the near future.

1 Like

donā€™t think anyone disputes it. hope he changes his mind and comes back.

Serious question: what happened to the ā€œcooling offā€ period that we used to do? It seems like weā€™re just rapid firing self-permas instantly lately.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a good idea that people didnā€™t want to follow this time.

I mean, we also have Yuv declaring that he can invalidate any mod action of any other mod based on his own whim, which seems rather problematic as well, but thatā€™s what happens when no one wants to codify anything and no one likes it when anyone tries.

Dude you voted not to de-mod meb for this craziness while starting an NFT to de-mod Keeed for unhiding a post or a flag or whatever. You should prolly sit this one out fella.

To be fair, I donā€™t think Yuv was the first mod to cross this Rubicon.

wgmi

2 Likes

Ok a BBQ or whatever itā€™s called. :rofl:

Hey everyone.

Spider has kindly demoded me at my request. I am not leaving. I just donā€™t want to have to read the About forum anymore.

All the best to the remaining mods and the good work they are doing.

I wish meb would have just admitted he overstepped and not decided to leave.

Cheers

7 Likes

They make you cook too?

3 Likes

The only opinion Iā€™m going to voice in any of this is that I think, and have always thought, that deleting accounts is an unreasonable request and should basically never be done. Admins should never be pressured to take their own personal time to change site settings to ludicrous numbers, break threads, and possibly break the entire site in critical ways that may be very difficult to fix.

There is a reason the default setting for deleting accounts is locked to 15 posts. There is an anonymize function. That, and possibly deleting a few problematic posts, should be more than enough for any real world situation. Anything more is a spiteful parting shot that serves no purpose and puts the forum at risk for the members who have chosen not to leave.

14 Likes

KFCBBQ

1 Like

Another admission that youā€™re just here to blow this place up while Iā€™m trying to make the place better. You know, since I tried to stop this.

The thread where we voted on this is gone because ggoreo was the OP but there has never been a cooling off period for deleting or anonymizing accounts because the community voted to immediately honor the requests.

Maybe I just think you being gone would make the place much better and I was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice. But anyway, I spent a considerable amount of time last week warning about what I thought was going on.

Plus Iā€™m pretty sure that your main concern was CN possibly getting banned. You are most certainly not working to make the forum better.