About Moderation (old original thread)

In addition to all that my recollection is that asking for an account deletion is also an extra hassle for the admin. I think it would be best if people refrained from asking for a full account deletion unless there’s a legitimate doxxing concern.

It definitely could be. When anonymouscookie54321 deleted accounts, it involved a lot of manual intervention to keep thread breaking to an absolute minimum, and also involved an acceptance of personal responsibility to fix anything that went wrong. If spidercrab or olink wants to voluntarily take on a similar task, more power to them. But if neither of them is comfortable changing “15” to “eleventybazillion YOLO mash the buttons!”, then they should feel absolutely zero pressure to do so, and individual users have no right to demand it.

1 Like

Did we lose the BANGERS tournament?

I can’t find it (or the regular BANGERS thread).

It’s gone.

What the fuck? The whole thread? Why?

He pulled an oreo and took it with him. I’m sad, but not mad.

I generally agree with you, but at the same time, we have declared that people own their posts. If people own their posts, then they definitely have a right to delete them at their whim. If people don’t have the right to delete their own posts here, then that should definitely be established by the community.

It’s pretty shitty that someone deleting their posts means that all of my posts in their threads are nuked, too. It’s almost like that means I don’t own my posts either.

They clearly don’t, as I had many posts in the BANGERS thread which apparently no longer exist.

Now that meb has self demoded and I think he undid the church/jal stuff, does that mean oreo will come back and we can get all the site modifications back? Anyone have a way to back channel him and find out.

Nah, we just lose people one drama bomb at a time.

Have you communicated with him or are you just making an educated guess?

I agree, see my addition.

I don’t think they have access to their accounts.

Maybe we should have an RFC over this. (I mean this legitimately, not as snark.)

1 Like

But they were already on bans, right? I’ve never been banned, so I don’t know how that works. If banned, can you log in and just not post or do you not have access to your account. If the latter, then that’s exactly where we would have been 3 days ago.

Even if you did, it’s toothless. I assume a mod can do it on the way out and there is not much anyone can do to reverse it.

Perhaps if there is an established rule, the mods will honor it even though they have the power not to.

I am not in communication. I just am watching as people turn disagreements into irreconcilable grievances over and over again.

2 Likes

In theory, could any mod just mass delete every thread on this site?

Yeah, looks like it. Vote wisely!

According to ZZ, only 15 posts at a time without help from an admin.