About Moderation (old original thread)

I think clovis is clueless on a lot of things but this isn’t the vibe I get from his posting at all.

Echoing what was said above, engage with the people you want to engage with. Don’t engage with the people you don’t want to (for whatever reason). This community desires minimal moderation and I am not sure if anyone has ever been perma-banned. Microbet and other mods are generally doing a very good job at reflecting community wishes.

Also, you can tailor your forum experience by utilizing the Ignore feature. I currently have over 20 people on permanent ignore. This is the ultimate “non-engagement” strategy.

1 Like

Fair call, I’m awkward in groups. Live, and online, it seems.

Sure. You seem really shy.

2 Likes

I think putting someone on ignore is often a good thing for people to do if they don’t want to see other people’s posting.

Anyway, I like Clovis and I like arguing with him and agreeing with him and there are some subjects where he is the forum expert and that’s pretty valuable.

3 Likes

Jman, did you consider that dropping solitary likes on posts directed at me from other posters might come across as a little, ooh, I don’t know, passive aggressive? Never mind though, please keep doing it, it’s kind of entertaining.

1 Like

Thank you for clearing up the source of your confusion.

This is not a bar or a pub. The same social decorum does not apply. Everyone deserves threads where pub brawls are fine, though, and I encourage you to start one where people can consent to engaging with you under such terms. I otherwise would prefer you just not.

There are other forums where the base dynamic is what you describe, though. I see nothing wrong with them or that kind of dynamic. I will again encourage you to explore those forums or, if you want to have a pub brawl here, start a thread that sets the expectation for anyone who enters.

Yes, I use that quite frequently.

Yeah, I mean, maybe he’s gotten better, but when people post things like what I quoted or reply to any conversation with “You’re just bitter Bernie lost” or whatever when that’s not even on topic, I’m not gonna stick around listening to them for months to find out if they improve.

And no, “a position of moral superiority that comes across as both patronizing and dripping with condescension to his opponents” isn’t strictly limited to ideology, but I’ve sure seen a lot more of it from mainstream liberals toward the left than anyone else toward anyone else in the last five years. And Clovis is the biggest offender here in that regard that I’ve seen.

I dunno. I came here because I heard this site was different about that sort of thing, and my experience is, it’s not. I don’t mind putting people on ignore and sticking to topics and conversations where I’m not going to be belittled or attacked out of hand, but it’s still a little disappointing.

3 Likes

Imagine going into a small local bar and pissing off half the customers and telling the bar tender to fuck off get me my drink.

Some of the things said here, online in general, would get your ass kicked in a bar…

i can be a funny ■■■■ sometimes

p.s. flag this post

p.p.s. lol 15 minutes; can a brother get an email notification or skywriting or something that we’re doing the official Airing Of Grievances

4 Likes

See @6ix has the last post in the thread
Flick through 400 posts of garbage hoping to see a funny 6ix exchange
Find out he’s only made one post right at the end of the thread.

sad times

2 Likes

I just meant that it doesn’t strike me that the conduct in any thread here is particularly egregious, i.e. beyond that seen in a random social interaction at a pub between a couple of people who might not like one another too much. I didn’t mean that I think “bar brawl” should be the base standard.

Good suggestion about the thread though, I might just do that. Sundry Chitchat or French BBV?

1 Like

I was skimming a thread and got a message that I flagged a post. Not sure what post I flagged, I did it unintentionally and I can’t find a record of what post I flagged. So I apologize to whoever’s post I accidentally flagged and please remove the flag if it is hiding a post. Sorry!

1 Like

Are you the same Letsgambool from 22?

That makes sense. Thanks for helping me better understand your POV.

Gosh I am not sure. I otherwise enjoy interacting with you and think a lot of others do, too. I would say Sundry Chitchat because I don’t think you’re doing anything that’s beyond the pale and should never show up on the front page for new visitors.

Yes. I have lurked here for the duration, especially for COVID info. I have waded in some recently although have reduced my social media/message board time for mental sanity/time reasons

9 Likes

I see that some posters are clamoring for a trip report from the dude who travelled internationally to fuck during a pandemic. What a slap in the face to everyone taking it seriously if he’s allowed to crow about his trip with a bunch of people jerking off to his exploits.

So you mean 1 asked?

What’s this about? I haven’t been very active recently, must have missed it.

Add her to the list.

1 Like