About Moderation (old original thread)

If you use a reading account to vote twice in a poll, it 100% should be outted that who was doing it. In fact, I’d advocate that the gimmick be perma’ed and the user take a ban (that would also have applied to jman).

Same if a reading account is used to circumvent a ban, it should be outted.

Reading accounts should not be outted if used as permitted - i.e. to read only.

The key difference the captains keep conveniently omitting here is the actual sequence of events:

1. I outed “Read” as an obvious gimmick in the pole. “Read” had secretly tried to vote and presumably have his vote count. This was confirmed by a moderator/ ip check which confirmed the account was Marty’s;
  2. The captains then laughed about “haha, no big deal.”
  3. I then publicly announced, “ok, then I will vote with my obvious gimmick account that has my main account name in it.”
  4. I then voted with my obvious gimmick that has my main account name in it.
  5. I then announced that I had just voted with my obvious gimmick that has my main account name in it.

But yeah, captains bothsidesing and all.

All talk of Ikes is taboo? Wow, sure seems to be a lot of talk bout a subject that is taboo.

Ah yes, Bowens must be another of my secret gimmick accounts. Let’s follow the logic here. Bowens registered in 2019. Has actually posted for two years. Has an entire backstory. I’ve just been biding my time, waiting for the right time to insert my Bowens account into just the right moment. That poll two weeks ago wasn’t that moment. But two days ago? Time to strike!

This is a lie.

Ah, I see the lie has been called out. I’m sure the lie will not be repeated.

Oh well.

That’s pretty shitty defense. You spotted voter fraud and reported it to the mods, and they confirmed it was an invalid vote and thus wouldn’t count. That should have been the end of it. But instead because other posters didn’t seem to care about it (who had no power at all), you decided to commit voter fraud too? Your vote simply proved that you were as immature as they were.

This forum is terrible now because no one can let anything go, it’s all about scoring stupid points. After your point 1, the correct response would have been to do nothing and move on.

Also, I can safely say I’m in no way affiliated with the captains - not everyone that thinks you’re an instigator of this stuff is affiliated with them.

1 Like

In an effort to maybe resolve some of this:

There’s been a concern about gimmicks voting, which seems reasonable. The mods have said they’ll make a good-faith effort to discount obvious gimmicks from voting results. So far none of the results have been close enough for suspicious votes to matter.

What we do about lurkers voting is a little less clear to me. I’d like lurkers to have a say in the goings on of the forum, but I don’t really know how to distinguish between someone lurking and someone making a gimmick account to fuck with voting. If anyone wants to start an RFC on voting guidelines, I think that could be extremely helpful.

People voting with gimmicks and/or threatening to do so are annoying and creating needless drama and they should knock it off.

I thought you were starting the RFC provided you had no objections?

We had binding votes that RealDonaldTrump voted in, I believe, along with that accounts regular account. I’m sure team boots thought that was a riot.

Actually, the council was not pleased about this. But marty is his own man and free to do what he wants and suffer his own consequences, if there were any.

I’ve already owned up to getting the sequence of events wrong between marty’s gimmick vote and yours. How about you own up to your lies about jal complaining about “stinky ethnic food”? Which were your own words made up whole cloth in order to justify calling him a racist. You ready to admit that yet? Or are you just going to keep ignoring it when it’s brought up? (Actually, ignoring it is too nice of a description. You keep repeating it, and did so once again recently.)

1 Like

:+1:

I honestly don’t mind reading accounts popping in to the main political threads or even the leasure threads to post constructively, it’s when they pop back into the about forums threads to post again and evade that Banhammer that just came down that it annoys me, whomever it is.

No, I hadn’t planned on doing it myself. Not entirely sure how I’d lay out the voting eligibility rules, like I said I’m not sure how to handle long-term lurkers.

“Seems” to be makes it not a lie.

Still can’t help yourself I see, Oh well.

It seems to me that you don’t trust the new mods to deal with moderation too much as you keep popping back here to make your case for yourself pretty often nowadays.

Alough I’m not to interested in it now and it’s why the words seems to be was used, you can always stop posting in this moderation thread with your reading account to stop my confusion as I ain’t got the time anymore to search for the posts and don’t intend to waste anymore time than is needed to rebuke your cuomo supporting ass.

I warned jman to stop bringing this up a few weeks ago so he’s ignoring it at my request. If you really feel like dragging it back into discussion, parlez francais sil vous plait.

1 Like

Is it “old drama” when it’s not resolved and he’s recently repeated the same accusation?

July 30th is when I checked IPs.

I went out of my way to not out you for it until yesterday but SenorKeeed is a good guesser.

I did not.

3 Likes

Thanks…

I think rugby posted that any old discussions of this kind itt would reciece a ban @anon10387340 and otatop agreed he would take it up too and warned both Jman & jalfrezi.

Alough…

Jman did delete his insulting post this fine morning though, seems things are getting better.

Oh shit there’s that word again.

I dunno if otatop did Marty, as soon as read posted I knew it was you 90% of the time, it’s not that it was obvious, but the timing said as such.

Yes, because it is resolved, or at least as resolved as anything’s going to get.

If I missed him repeating the “smelly food” thing since that warning no one has bothered to flag it.

When it voted?

My memories are a bit of on the timing but when it was mentioned I said, yup that’s probably marty.

Just a guess though and I trust otatop to be upfront here.

I mean, you could read where jman spotted the Read account and see that he guessed it was you within minutes based on public information, or you could go on for another couple dozen posts raging at the mods for imagined malfeasance.

2 Likes

Oh really?

Hahahahahahahahahhahha.

Oh right, no raging or accusations to be found here!