About Moderation (old original thread)

Reading comprehension FTW IMO.

He explicitly said to you he felt unsafe? That’s kind of surprising considering his posting on the matter but I guess we don’t have to be open with the forum on those matters.

Meb explicitly said that hes leaving because he doesn’t want to be a part of a community that “wants” jal and church. Those are his words. If meb has issue with meb’s posts, he should take it with meb.

You appear to just try and increase drama here. I hope you’d reconsider and just contribute to the various threads you are interested in.

How do you know whether or not meb was threatened via PM?

Because meb already stated the reasons he is leaving. At best you can, with recipts, claim theres an additional reason. Nbz post was handled with quickly. Its a real shame that we have to manufacture this drama.

I think he went too far in anonymizing accounts. Bans can be undone. Those are more difficult. I think he was trying to do good but woefully misread what the reaction would be.

I fully admit to making two posts that would make MEb uncomfortable. I assure you, I was not seeking to advance any victimhood narratives.

Clovis is almost certainly referring to posters who have described goreo undoing customizations in ways such as vandalizing the site. I’ve described this site as meta-political. People being more mad about losing Vince memes than the things that caused goreo to take his ball are similar to Americans not being concerned enough with the potential death of democracy.

Here’s my RFC on deletions if you want to weigh in.

As I understand it, it wasn’t just Vince memes. There were legit operational changes he rolled back to an earlier version, at least one of which Otatop posted about regarding searching/deletions. If it was just Vince memes, I’d agree.

It’s the same as some posters who seemed to be saying they didn’t want to be part of a community that “wants” CaffeineNeeded and left or cut back their posting because they didn’t want to interact with him.

Those people weren’t run off. They left because they were weak.

1 Like

As far as I know all he did to alter the site was remove his customizations and reset everything to the default settings. The issue I posted about was about deleting his posts which kind of makes it a good example of why deleting accounts and posts is bad for the forum.

The settings I changed were to reset delete user max post age and delete all posts max and max post deletions per day to the defaults

Make it clear that I was unhappy. I’m still not happy and I will absolutely defend goreo reacting the way he chose. As it was, I chose to be less forceful than I originally considered doing.

I’m saying I was never part of some conspiracy to harm the site. I’m a lone wolf poster.

Raise a STD/RFC/ wtf it’s called.

1 Like

Just post on your new site and stop annoying people here?

1 Like

Put me on ignore thx bye.

I’m willing to do this, but there may be some objections to making me an admin again. If anyone expresses an objection, I won’t ask spider to re-admin me so I can restore stuff. If nobody objects, I can take care of it on the weekend or sometime next week.

6 Likes

:vince1:

wat

nah tbf he has a point, i have been bullying af like a mf the past year and change, just incessantly, driving people off left and right front to back

im thousand yard staring at a guy thousand yard staring at this post

1 Like