About Moderation (old original thread)

I offered to restore the customizations I removed. Not sure what else I can do to make up for it.

4 Likes

fixed

:vince3:

1 Like

The failure of both sides to understand that the other side actually is that fucking stupid is the main cause of drama on the forum.

2 Likes

I’ve lost track. Is this a current offer that is on the table?

I don’t really want to have anything to do with About but I have to say the people giving goreo shit, after all he has done for this place, and the absolute zero they have done, are the nut low of humanity.

3 Likes

I’m glad that me saying “hey it was shitty to vandalize the site” puts me in the same group as child molesters and muderers.

Lol clovis

1 Like

Survey saaayys:

1 Like

2 Likes

Hyperbole is one of the core pillars of UP! :classical_building:

With regard to the first point: After a request from jalfrezi, I changed the jalfrezi email address from an inaccessible address to an accessible one. I didn’t note this in the admin log because it seemed trivial. The thornier issue is whether that account is banned/silenced/whatever and for how long, and my admin change didn’t affect that, nor do I have any interest in weighing in on that question.

As for the second question, in my view goreo is entitled to admin rights whenever he wants them. I removed his admin status at his request and I’m happy to restore that status if he wants it.

1 Like

:vince2:

Done.

1 Like

Ban them again.
They are terrible posters.

10 Likes

Got to love that the end result of all these squabbles is complete and utter victory by the captains, every time. They successfully drove Meb (a good poster if shitty moderator) from the site, and shortened Churchill’s deserved ban. A+ work!

2 Likes

https://i.gifer.com/origin/87/874ab4f62a3440a1199455871799db18_w200.gif

2 Likes

That was a self-inflicted wound on MEb’s part.

Meb wasnt drove away, he left. For very bad reasons imo. And took some content with him.

This “drove away” “ran off” vs “you see they left so they never really cared about this place” stuff is really telling. Theres literally nothing that stopped meb from staying

1 Like

He’ll probably be back next week anyway. (Which is fine obviously.)

That isn’t what happened - since he can’t or won’t speak up for himself, he did express legitimate concern for his safety following a series of messages on here, one of which at least was moderated, that to him implied a threat. he made mention to others. this did not surprise me, and I did see one of the messages in question - given I’ve frequently been the target of similar behavior in the past, I’m absolutely not surprised he was used as a football/scapegoat here to advance some bizarre victimhood narrative by a series of individuals who’s sole purpose seems to be making this site experience worse for everyone else.

I still am trying to figure out what he did wrong other than doing what he said he would do, and then people made up motives and lies about it that simply couldn’t have been true.

I’m struggling to figure out who clovis’ passive aggressive shot is aimed at, since no one is talking bad about oreo here, but I guess lump me into that crowd if asking questions about an (afaict) unelected admin with superuser privileges who professes to be sympathetic with these same group of individuals, who apparently at any point can be convinced to take his ball and go home if he doesn’t like the way moderator decisions are made. the same people who pop in here to do nothing but sow discord and try to steal back site funds in exchange for their non-harassment of the users here.

the fact this isn’t a problem to the same people who fiercely claim my very existence is a problem for this site is more than a little transparent and laughable to me.

i dont know where I’m going with this post but if you guys do decide to prevent account deletions, I’d like mine deleted before that happens. this site doesn’t feel like a safe or good place for anyone to be.

2 Likes