About Moderation (old original thread)

They vandalized the site over something they misunderstood.

They also removed other people’s work.

Saying ‘hey, it was shitty that you purposely harmed the site’, especially when the stated reason for it wasn’t true, seems perfectly fair.

2 Likes

Perish the thought :open_mouth:

I didn’t. Not even a little. Jesus Christ.

what? if you want to make up shit whole cloth to make some sort of point go for it. My posts contain nothing that suggest dishonesty.

Perhaps little innocent meb shouldn’t have described his agenda as banning a small number from both sides to promote peace, refused to name names, and then banned only one side. And then further melted down and anonymized the accounts when his actions where undone by another mod. (Undoing another mods actions is an established practice here. His buddy 7 for example recently reversed a ban of Yuv. And there are other examples.)

It’s almost as if I was right and meb WAS actually trolling the entire time for shits and giggles.

If only someone had warned the community about this and voted and campaigned against him. Unlike you, who voted for him because you wanted revenge on your enemies.

As I indicated, I am not going to litigate this further since he is no longer an admin. If there was a proposal to make him an admin again, then I would litigate it further.

I warned the community too. And I voted for him BECAUSE I knew exactly what he was up to. I’ve posted this multiple times. I even sent you a screen shot of meb yucking it up with 7 about what a hilarious troll it was to get all the losers on UP to vote for a mod that doesn’t even post on UP!

I mean, you complain about dishonesty and then do this. GMAFB.

1 Like

I’ll state again for the record that you were right and i (among many others) was wrong in regards to Meb’s moderation.

1 Like

Not sure why you are surprised I posted it right in some of my responses to meb. The difference between you and me is that I’m not lying all the time.

Projection innit

1 Like

If you don’t think meb was putting on some serious performance art then it’s pretty obvious why you never seem to have a clue. (I’m sure he also miscalculated exactly how his act was going to be taken, but rest assured that it was an act.)

Meb clearly wasn’t trolling. He just had a really bad idea with even worse execution. He ran on that idea and a whole bunch of people voted for him. I believe that you voted for him because you were trolling though.

1 Like

I refuse to believe he wasn’t trolling because I refuse to believe he is actually that fucking stupid.

And hell ya I voted for him because I wanted to see this place implode when he banned CN. He let me down there, but it was still a good show. (And I did warn about what was going on.)

CN voted against him as mod because he thought he was going to ban him. Then voted to keep him as mod because he only banned his enemies. Jolly good show brah.

I think we should move past meb’s modding now that he has resigned as mod and left the forum as a user.

There were certainly some unfortunate results of his actions, but I also found it reassuring that the community came together to say that a good sized majority did not agree with that approach. meb also took responsibility by stepping down instead of dragging things out.

I think it would be more useful to talk about how to repair the damage that happened to the forum and how to prevent that type of damage in the future instead of arguing about who was right and wrong in the past.

8 Likes

@econophile for mod

1 Like

I did not vote to keep him as mod.

Edit: posted this before I saw econophiles post.