About Moderation (old original thread)

Apparently the limit was 22(?) temp bans by 7 different mods! Good to know.

Capricious mod overrules community vote for the luls. What a perfect encapsulation of why this forum sucks.

2 Likes

I guess keeed got “capricious” in my head. Good word.

1 Like

it’s a perfectly cromulent word

Banning all the UK posters does seem to be reducing conflict. Reminds me of the good old days when women weren’t allowed on the golf course.

As a result of meb campaigning on this

and then immediate breaking his word by banning two users from the same “team,” I have anonymized my ggoreo account as I refuse to post here while meb is still mod (though I might have to cave during the election).

Your plan is already a failure. You have increased the alienation one side as your very first act, pulling the community further apart, and effectively driving one of the groups off the forum. I’m absolutely sickened by how you have just ensured the destruction of this forum that we created together.

I considered undoing the hundreds of hours I’ve put into this place by temporarily removing all of the customizations I’ve made to the site until July 1, 2032, but that you’ve already done enough damage here, by not only immediately going back on your word, but also permanently banning someone whom the community just voted not to permanently ban less than 5 weeks ago. Oh right, not permanently, just for 10 years. How clever!

@spidercab please de-admin this account

10 Likes

I’m following this whole drama way, way less than most, so I’m definitely not aware of all the details. But “I changed my mind” seems completely ridiculous in this spot.

1 Like

meb discussed his bans with ALL current mods earlier in the week and told us who the ban candidates were, nothing has changed since then to target any “side”.

1 Like

Who were the ban candidates?

Elections have consequences.

At least when Biden lies we get to call him a liar. MEB deleting posts calling him a liar in this thread. Not good!

I am sharing a PM I sent to all other current mods. I will never share any pm sent by another user, but I feel it’s fair to share my own.

This was sent yesterday morning.

I’m not sure what your definition of criticism is, but this certainly isn’t happening.

Cool how you’re open about your mod plans in this mod-only pm thread and the crypto discord but not with the actual UP community.

2 Likes

If things were logged in the moderation thread then we wouldn’t be jumping to conclusions I guess. One of the other mods is making you look really bad.

Have you deleted any posts in this thread that could be characterized as negative towards you or your actions?

I’ve deleted two posts that contained personal attacks. I will continue to do so. Criticism without personal attacks is always fair.

Calling you a lying coward is criticism, not a content-free personal attack.

Do you think those actions should be noted in the mod log?

I saw the post that Swanky wrote and you deleted, he called you a liar, just like I did when I pointed out your transparent lie. He put a little more color on it (cowardly liar I think? Who knows, it’s deleted) but the substance was the same.