New Moderator Confirmation Votes

I’m not a discord ruler, but if I was, I would definitely wait to remove lurkers due to security concerns until financial activity decreased by 95 percent.

It’s nothing personal and I think you’re a solid guy, but put yourself in my shoes: I see you joking(?) about a secret ban lost over here but then being more explicit about your plans over on the Discord. Then I immediately get booted when I point this out over here.

Maybe I’m wrong and it really is all a big goof but I don’t think it’s a great way to go about asking the UP community to trust you with a mod position. Surely you can understand my concern.

3 Likes

Goofy would execute Captains for a lot less than that!

1 Like

I NEED TO BE AGGRIEVED LET ME BE AGGRIEVED

1 Like

FWIW, I never had to ask goofy’s permission to join the Discord and I doubt he even knew I was on it.

I will tell everyone, after initial actions here my plan is truly to bring this community back together. I plan to mod as lightly as possible, encourage people to leave behind past grievances, drop “team” mentalities, and stop personal attacks.

I plan to be fairly light on bans, but will give consistent 1 day bans for personal attacks or othering of posters. This will include calling another poster a captain. I will not be the only mod though, so if another mod responds to a flagged post before I do, I will ask them to handle it in the same way, but cannot guarantee that they will.

I would truly plan to use my 6 months to make this feel like one community again, and a place that is fun to be a member of. This will take buyin from everyone on the site though.

3 Likes

I was actually a boat captain though so we may need an RFC to litigate this inevitable drama bomb

I will amend that to say calling another poster a captain in a denigrating manner. The community has spoken though that they don’t want to create RFCs to create rules for mods to follow. I tried. So given that, I will be following that model if I am made a mod.

The only way we will be the community most of us want to be is if we can all agree to drop this sort of petty in fighting.

Most of this stuff I learned on UP!

LMFAO at all the donks arguing that nobody is being vetted by goofy and then goofy (for at least the second time publicly) is just like freely admitting it.

1 Like

I don’t see what the problem is if tptb over there want to vet who’s allowed into their club. Seems pretty reasonable.

I mean they are free to ban their lurkers too. I never said they couldn’t.

I don’t blame them, fuck those guys. Get busy posting or get busy dying.

3 Likes

as long as we can say ■■■■ i’m good

:jeb:

1 Like

:jeb:

4 Likes

Factions will exist and will always exist. The US form of government is shit because the Constitution was written with the idea that there would be no factions, no teams, no political parties.

Mod with an iron fist against both factions so they unite against you.

2 Likes

meb has my full endorsement and I think he’ll be a good mod, for me as a user i really would like to just post and read without having to scroll through vicious spats

Gonna be a large mod team.

Gonna leave my votes as yes for everyone. Hopefully that is the right decision.

Best of luck to the new mods.

1 Like