A Call to Ban NotBruceZ for Consistently Endorsing Violence

–goes to jam the Geto Boys album I posted in listening to–

Abortion is mass murder on an unprecedented scale. So said the religious right. Many of us used to laugh at this argument. We didn’t believe that they actually believed it. If it was truly mass murder of innocent children then they would literally be up in arms killing motherfuckers who support abortion. Sure a random or two actually did believe it and murdered some abortion doctors, but for the most part we figured the religious right didn’t really care about abortion per se. They just didn’t like women being able to have sex.

We are now in a situation where we pretty much all believe that Trump is committing crimes against humanity on our southern border and abroad. Literally stacking children in concrete cages so tight they can’t all lay down on the concrete floor to sleep. I think most of us believe cruelty is the point of Trump’s policies. Kinda hard to square what we believe to be true with our response to it though. I’m not really sure what my point is except thinking violence is acceptable isn’t exactly illogical given the world we find ourselves in.

2 Likes

And then there is that thing where his posts are not really calling for violence. Maybe they are in bad taste or whatever, but that is subjective.

2 Likes

It seems like there is a strong number of regular posters who wish this to be a place that does condone political violence. Maybe we should start with a poll on that.

It’s been super entertaining watching them change in real time tho.

Anyway. So talking about punching Nazis is bad now?

Maybe if I take a strong enough against punching Nazis that will lure Fly over here to dunk on me? So here goes.

Not punching Nazis >> punching Nazis >>>>>> supporting the propriety of punching Nazis on the internet and not actively punching Nazis irl

Surely there has to be some middle ground between saying “punching Nazis is okay” and the relentless edgy shit NBZ keeps posting.

3 Likes

@NotBruceZ - In a 6-handed hold’em game, what’s the probability of exactly 3 players being dealt AA, KK and QQ at the same time on the first hand dealt?

IMO if he can answer that, there’s no doubt he should stay.

3 Likes

I hope this is an elite BruceZ joke and not a real criterion, if the latter, nice knowing y’all, I’ll show myself out :cry:

1 Like

This. Bringing up punching Nazis is like trolling in the context of this thread.

Those of you who wish to condone violence should consider a few things:

How would you feel if someone in the next few years shot up a Wal Mart and we found out they were inspired/influenced in any way by a post here?

How do you think condoning violence will influence our ability to attract more traffic?

How do you think condoning violence will influence our ability to try to create an outward-facing voice that has a real impact?

Finally, there have been numerous suggestions that various posters here run for office. Some could in the future. Imagine the impact that condoning violence on this site would have on them if their background here was discovered?

Given the above, regardless of your personal views, do you wish for this to be a place that can attempt to have a real influence on the world in some way? Or do you want it to be a small forum in a dark corner of the Internet where leftist radicals shout into the void and possibly influence violent action?

These answers are really REALLY simple for me.

2 Likes

Lol elections are being rigged before our wide open eyes, and no one does anything. And you think protesting and getting out the vote will make a diff.

Haha cute. We need more milkshakes.

1 Like

Hey, I know. We should say the quiet parts out loud.

That way cuse can shame his way into banning 40% of the forum. Derp derp, I am very smart and wish to play poker with fellow man of the people like clovis.

Cuse,
You have a remarkably different definition of condone than pretty much everyone you are talking to itt. Has there been any significant complaints that NBZs posts have been flagged and hidden? That system seems okay to me. However, if you want someone banned maybe it’s time for the admins to get together and make some concrete rules. This one at a time everyone get together and talk about it is silly and unsustainable. If you want standards you need an efficient mechanism in place to enforce them. Otherwise flag away and anyone who doesn’t want to read it doesn’t have to. I really don’t have strong feelings about NBZ one way or another.

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with milkshakes. I do have a problem with any form of calling for or hoping for mass violence, shooting people, etc.

There are a lot of steps between doing nothing and killing people. We should try all of those.

That’s basically what I’m trying to do ITT. I’m not in charge here, I don’t own the site or run the site or have any special power to make up rules.

Well the good news is you guys are getting close to running me off, then you won’t have to deal with me anymore.

Yeah, that was the intent when you started this thread.

Wait.

The posts otatop quoted he says he obviously didn’t advocate it in one post. Another post you posted as an example of endorsing violence is having sex with Pelosi? Think you are overreacting is all.

Hint: milkshaking is assault. Your views here seem wildly inconsistent, sorry.

1 Like