A Call to Ban NotBruceZ for Consistently Endorsing Violence

Where do you see him obviously not advocating it, I must have missed that. The Pelosi thing was just an example of inappropriate posting, not violence.

Let the record show that I, DodgerIrish and the poster behind it, in no way condone political violence.

Ideally we will be able to oust Trump through legitimate, political means but in lieu of that, I will bow down to whatever being is in such a position as to rule me. I only wish to focus on me and my family.

With cuse as my witness, let all know that I mean no harm to anyone.

GTFO with this shit. The question is whether it is OK on this site to hope for another 9/11 repeatedly and in the context of IRL action.

1 Like

If you canā€™t see a difference between the ā€œassaultā€ of milkshaking, sucker punching Richard Spencer, and hoping for another 9/11, wishing more GOP Congressmen got shot or wondering if millennials shooting up boomers would move the needle, I donā€™t know what to tell you.

The 9/11 post is far from advocating violence. In bad taste, sure. But I can find far worse from other posters.

Dude. He didnā€™t say he hoped GOP Congressman got shot ffs.

ā€œIā€™m thinking it will take multiple successful assassination attempts against Republican politicians to move the needle. Obviously, I kinda donā€™t advocate that, but I know itā€™s the direction my mind will go if I ever lose loved ones to gun violence.ā€

Lol you are being so intellectually fucking dishonest right now itā€™s unreal. Stop clutching your pearls for one moment and think about this logically and why a lot of people are disagreeing with you. The 9/11 post is a piss poor example of the point you think youā€™re making

Can you knock it off with this shit? Youā€™re a valued poster and nobody wants you to leave.

1 Like

Different post. He said something about not enough of them getting shot at the softball game. And I donā€™t think ā€œObviously I kinda donā€™t advocate thatā€ = obviously not advocating that.

Normally I agree with you Trolly, but if this place wants to be left-wing 8-chan, people with IRL hopes for political office and the like canā€™t be hanging around here.

2 Likes

Yeah and his response was on why nothing happened. Not endorsing or calling for violence. Dude.

Nah, that wouldnā€™t even do it. Remember that softball game a few years ago? If anything, they doubled down on gun rights.

Not enough casualties, unfortunately.

Can you guys at least wait a while before doing something drastic and abandoning a community with this much history. So far this is one isolated dipshit who can be ignored easily.

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s difficult to make one specific point about his posting since itā€™s unacceptable to me in a variety of ways.

Iā€™m all for not promoting violence and misogyny and things as I always do but my posts are supposed to reflect the fact some anonymous user might run for office in the future also?

At team #cryhavoc, do you see Bernie, AoC, Liz put any of their political arguments or express any of their political values in terms of regretfully embracing violence, or casually wishing people dead and such?

For me this is just a simple matter of good taste, which is a hard thing to define. The last NBZ post I read he was fantasizing about which specific type of cancer he was wishing upon Trump and describing in detail why itā€™s the most painful kind. Is this really the kind of puerile shit we want this community to become? That kind of thing has never been acceptable in the past.

Like, okay I think we all agree violence is sometimes necessary and itā€™s sorta funny when someone punches Rand Paul, but can we not fantasize about shooting US Senators?

1 Like

A 1/4 of Clovis posts have to be wishing death on Trump.

2 Likes

This. Iā€™d be interested in potentially running for office or seeking work as a speechwriter or something in the future. So thatā€™s a genuine concern. Even if it wasnā€™t, it just doesnā€™t align with my views or morals to be hanging out around that type of conversation.

Someone has to do this. Why should it be a mod or admin? There is no Mat Sklansky here. This is a community run site, or maybe a community not-run site, but any community member should be responsible for and encouraged to take this kind of leadership and responsibility.

I donā€™t mind if thereā€™s a process, per se, that we generally try to agree on, but not a process that is not clearly open to everyone to participate in.

Now, Iā€™m an open borders kind of person in real life. Thereā€™s only one Earth and I think people should 100% be free to roam. But this isnā€™t the Earth. This is one forum and thereā€™s pretty much space for everyone to find a home on a forum that suits them. Iā€™m ok with an open-border forum, sure, but I donā€™t think itā€™s a moral obligation. Those are the lines I was thinking of when I first thought we first should identify who recognized community members are. And it should be very hard to evict members. Thing about NotBruceZ though is heā€™s kind of a borderline case. Like, heā€™s kind of a troll imo and was probably a trollish account on 2p2 and wonā€™t say who he was.

Thatā€™s kinda neither here nor there. Rambling back to your post though, this is a hard spot for Cuse (doesnā€™t have to be - he could just shrug his shoulders and say ā€œmehā€ here) because people donā€™t think his position is obviously right. If they did, there would have been a flurry of +1s and, poll or no poll, I think the mods would have banned him and bobā€™s your uncle.

Iā€™m not leaving immediately or anything, weā€™ll see how it plays out in the coming days/weeks.