2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

https://x.com/kylegriffin1/status/1815750121532858725

If Whitmer was actually closed off to the idea then I assume that she would have shut it down privately and her name never gets into this leak, so it’s probably not out of the question.

Looks better on paper than the delivery came across.

NO.

3 Likes

I know next to nothing about Mark Kelly so I googled him and this is one of the first pics

I don’t hate it!

4 Likes

I think “most voters” is where the rubber meets the road here, isn’t it something like two-thirds of the country thinks abortion should be generally legal? It’s an overwhelming majority

my main counter to your post is just that the electorate isn’t static. Abortion is the biggest issue that turns non-voters into voters. This is what has happened in every state where abortion has been on literal ballots via ballot initiatives. People come and vote for the first time, specifically women

flipping moderates is awesome but it’s easier to mobilize quiescent support

A friend pointed out how bland most of these vp options are when they actually have to say anything.

Here’s Cooper in an interview with a local reporter from back in December:

Shapiro while he was campaigning about a year ago:

Walz at his state of the state address:

Kelly may be the best of the bunch at this. Here he is on MSNBC vs Tuberville:

guess none of these guys is going to do damage, which is largely the point

1 Like

This is like literally the only thing I know about Mark Kelly

3 Likes

Trump is done

Kids going to get to elect a black female president.

4 Likes

I’m a one issue voter:

Own the MAGs

5 Likes

I’m not gonna lie; I don’t think I ever heard of this guy until the past 24 hours. So I plead ignorance if there’s something terribly wrong with him. But I like this. He isn’t boring. “These guys are just weird. They’re running for he-man woman-haters’ club or something.”

https://x.com/Morning_Joe/status/1815724045817806972

9 Likes

What’s incredible about the “DEI” stuff is that no one pretends JD Vance was picked for any other reason than his appeal to white identity politics.

4 Likes

Gonna be a liability with the flat earthers.

4 Likes

I think the biggest misfire for Republicans is going to end up going all in on these culture war issues.

I think they animated a certain part of the population that had been checked out of Politics since 2016, and Trump gave lip service to those issues while focusing on anti-immigration which has much broader appeal.

Hammering immigration (unfortunately) still resonates with people. But turning your main campaign platform into CRT, DEI, Abortion just makes you seem like the too online weirdos and doesn’t resonate with a plurality of normal people.

1 Like

Thanks for this, legit never really heard of this guy but would certainly rather he was over for Thanksgiving than my weird he-man woman-haters’ club inlaws.

3 Likes

All of his adult “success” has been built on his identity.

There is literally no job more contingent on DEI hiring then the vice president! It is literally the only criteria for the job; has always been thus. Note how everyone intuitively understands that Harris must pick a white dude as well

2 Likes

Post headline today is “Queen’s Kambit”

Pretty weak

I’m definitely fine with every person on the supposed shortlists.

Every time I look at Roy Cooper speaking I think “this is a person nervous white Midwesterners need to see next to Kamala Harris”. No idea if that’s true.

Pete is the best speaker of the group obviously, but my gut is that boring is the way to go, see above. And it’s not like he stops going on TV if he’s not the VP nom.

If I were to pick the guy I personally like the most it’s Kelly and his peripherals are stellar.

What’s happening here?

I’m assuming it’s from the R primary.

1 Like