2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Don’t know if this has been posted here, but if not enjoy. This is some goat-ed shit

2 Likes

iTunes’s UI remains undefeated as the WOAT user interface

IMG_8690

2 Likes

Fuck that. If someone wants to see me naked, good luck to them.

5 Likes

Costco GOAT

1 Like

This is what I always do also. But like you say it’s cheaper and has extra benefits, which is the incentive, unlike expedia for hotels which is just the same price.

I did recently encounter an edge case where Costco renters were at a slight disadvantage.

I was standing in a rental car line for like an hour with no movement. It was fucking ridiculous. While in line, people were calling up the number on their reservation and complaining about how they weren’t staffed well enough to handle the number of people in line and the waiting time was insane. People who booked direct were able to get the person on the phone to give them one or two days of free rental. People who booked through Costco were told there is nothing that Costco can do about that.

Not enough to push me off of Costco for car rentals, though.

Highly recommend you sign up on the car rental website for whatever their skip the line is called.

I book through Costco but have signed up on all of the car rental company sites so I just go down to the parking lot, look up my name on the board to see what row I can choose from, hop in and drive away.

I should do that, but I’m lazy AF and rent a car about 1-2x a year. Every time I stand in a line, I think “I should sign up for that” and I never do.

1 Like
2 Likes

We’ve just done the Turo thing the last few times we needed a car, no complaints with it and no lines to deal with.

1 Like

Michael Slate, a local real estate agent, said most agents don’t even bother hosting open houses for listings in capped neighborhoods.

“No one shows up,” he said. “Buyers are aware of the cap, and properties on the market in those neighborhoods don’t get a lot of activity.”

Slate has one client who paid $1.1 million for a home and spent $300,000 on renovations. Then the cap kicked in. Now, she’s not sure she’d be able to sell it for $1 million.

Truly heartbreaking times for real estate speculators.

8 Likes

8 Likes

This x a million

How much are you charging for an airbnb if you think you can make 1.4 million back?

My guess is they’d probably hope to break even most of the year (maybe $3k a week?) and then really go ham a few times a year during stuff like Coachella.

1 Like
1 Like

just to bump a previous issue of mine from a previous incarnation of this thread

I’ve been A/B testing interactions with these shitheads, currently my best performer is “hey there friend, are ya lost? do you need directions?” which kinda disarms them a bit and then I helpfully tell them “the dog park is over there, dumbass.”

1 Like

They make all their money during Coachella. Big luxury houses rent for like $50k or something ridiculous.

2 Likes

$3k per week to the owners is probably in the ballpark for a nice property.

A year or two ago I rented a small-mid sized house in Palm Springs for 4 nights, total for just the house was $1800 but with all the fees and taxes it was $2500. The management company probably takes 10% of the main house charge plus some of the fees so the owners would get around $1600 for 4 nights.

1.4 million in Palm Springs is probably just getting you a smaller 2-3 bed and 1-2 bath house, certainly not a mansion or anything.

2 Likes