2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

I’m in Vegas now, and Expedia kept sending me these upgrade options for my stay here at Vdarra. I had prepaid about a grand for 5 nights (not including the daily $50 resort fee due at checkout), and the first listed option was to a “parlor suite,” which I thought is what I already booked, for an added “cost” of “-$250.” And Expedia was showing that I was booked for the smaller “suite.”

I clicked for the upgrade, Expedia refunded this amount the next day, and I’m sitting in my parlor suite. So I essentially got my resort fees covered.

I don’t know if there was a glitch in the system, if I had been initially overcharged, or if the price dropped and Expedia passed it along to me–which definitely would not have happened if I had booked with MGM directly.

Edit: I didn’t list an option for “Expedia unwittingly gifted me $250,” since my receipt and my conversation at check-in verifies that Vdarra has the price now at $750.

Carl’s Jr.'s Ruth’s Chri’s

2 Likes

Too expensive. A whole room? What are we, California?

FWIW, I can’t remember ever having a problem with an Expedia booking when I showed up at a hotel. Once there was some confusion about if I had prepaid, but it was handled smoothly enough.

With flights it seems to matter even less, since airlines generally allow one to make changes through their app even if the ticket was purchased through Expedia.

https://vdara.mgmresorts.com/en/hotel/studio-parlor-suite.html

1 Like

That’s sounds kind of glitchy to me.

Melk, I know you like puzzles, so I’ll add another piece of info which may or may not be a red herring:

During my stay, I had spoken to a front desk clerk about the cost to possibly extend my stay an extra day.

He first quoted me a price of approximately $200, but when I countered that we were talking about a Monday night, and I was already paying an average of $150/night, he called a supervisor who OKed the $150, although ultimately I decided not to extend.

I have no idea what it means, if anything, that the first price he offered was approximately the nightly price I was originally charged.

Still don’t know what to think. The whole thing sounds very atypical.

Carl’s Jr’s Ruth’s Chris

1 Like

fuck, ponied

1 Like

Alabama is preparing to attempt…”

Southwest isn’t included it either kayak or Google flights, so if Southwest serves SLC it’s worth checking their website.
@Devil

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BVKImages/status/1749103151574036813?t=2vXZE4h3HaL5978908yuhw&s=19

1 Like

10 Likes

Microsoft literally rolled out a security update for Windows 10 recently that would fail on a fresh installation of latest Windows 10. How the fuck do you do that?

Apple are annoying and evil, Microsoft are incompetent, only Google are an acceptable blend of competence and only moderate levels of evil.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m done with any sort of third-party travel arrangements after I landed in Boston at 1am and shuttled to the rental car agency only to find that they did not, in fact, have the car that I’d paid for.

1 Like

iTunes’s UI remains undefeated as the WOAT user interface

1 Like

I booked our airline tickets to, from, and within Europe through Orbitz and when one of the flights was canceled they tried to scrap the entire itinerary ~two weeks before the trip. It took hours of chatting them, calling them, calling the airlines etc to get it resolved.

I also enjoy the “tales from the front desk” subreddit and it’s full of front desk agents explaining over and over again that their ability to help when problems occur is limited/destroyed by booking third party.

Although I do always book rental cars through Costco because it’s cheaper and has other benefits, like automatic free second driver. And it’s Costco so I’m relatively confident I won’t get fucked.

1 Like

LMAO

1 Like