**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

I certainly believe dogs “like it more” but I don’t know wtf “higher quality walk” means and it’s definitely a lot fucking lower quality for me and my dog

In another episode of microbet is old, when I was a kid, dogs roaming the neighborhood was totally normal.

But anyway, in town, keep them on leash for the reason pvn gives. I can’t stop an unleashed dog from running up on my dog and there are a lot of little dogs with Napoleon complexes.

1 Like

You’re conflating a whole bunch of things.

Off leash walks are > on leash for the individual dog (all else being equal) because they get more exercise and more mental stimulation

Off leash walks restricted to designated off leash areas are far and away preferred for society because walking your dog off leash in an on leash area creates conflict

Your dog sounds like it needs to have a controlled on leash environment, and people should respect that.

What exactly are you confused about?

He’s venting because there are lots of asshole dog owners out there who won’t keep their dogs on a leash.

Okee dokee. Seems to me to be a weird angle to be all like WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH OFF LEASH WALKS ANYHOO I DON’T GET IT?!?!?!?

People who let their stupid fucking dogs off the leash in public places can fuck right off, just the absolute worst people ever. Mad just thinking about them.

4 Likes

go back and read my post again

No thanks. We’ve already unleashed OUTRAGED @Riverman. Enough is enough.

1 Like

the question wasn’t about the walks, it was about the dipshits who are obsessed with it. Sure, if I’m will smith in I am Legend and I’m the only human on earth (or if I’m just out on the farm for the day) I think having your dog off leash is totally normal and good.

I am specifically asking about the (almost exclusively white) people who are obsessed with doing this, so much so that they think it’s fine in every situation.

what’s the deal with THEM, genius?

I’m wary of off leash dogs and avoid them, but have never actually had even a small problem with one.

Also, if you think off leash dogs are something that happens more in rich white neighborhoods, you’ve probably never been outside of a rich white neighborhood.

They’re selfish? I thought that was already covered under “crappy pet owner?”

obviously, the point was to find out what itch this one particular form of selfishness scratches for them, I guess. And also to put mosdef on blast.

It’s a way to show off how well trained and behaved their dog is.

I’ve been bitten numerous times as a kid because of unleashed dogs in my city, all my family’s dogs come to think about it, never by a strangers funnily enough… :unamused:

Got bit on Xmas night one time, running up the stairs to go to the bathroom as a 12 year old, whole family seen it and hysterical laughter ensued, until they seen my arse bleeding, 3 hours later and a few jags it was back to the party.

Got bit on my birthday too, same deal… :unamused: Same dog.

2 Likes

I don’t think that even pvn keeps his dog on a leash inside his house.

2 Likes

when I walk the dog downtown, there’s a pretty big mix both racially and socioeconomically and off-leash dogs are basically non-existent (mostly because of traffic, I presume)

when I walk the dog on the greenline (no cars but a decent amount of bikers) leashes are again pretty universal (this is much more heavily white).

In the park (Memphis has a very large park right in the middle of town in the style of Central Park) I see dogs off-leash CONSTANTLY and even though the humans are pretty mixed the off-leash humans are 100% white. And there is a HUGE dog park in this park.

In particular on Sunday I was in Overton Park on one of the trails in the woods, in a part where the trail is pretty narrow and the bush was pretty thick on both sides of the trail. I saw a woman approaching so I moved off the trail so she could pass by me (I had to backtrack about 15-20 feet to find somewhere with enough of an opening to actually move off the trail). So I’m like 10 feet off the trail, she walks by and her dog decides to just come after mine (I didn’t even notice the dog was off leash until this moment).

The really infuriating part here is that she couldn’t get control of her dog because not only was the dog off leash, the dog didn’t even have a collar on, so she couldn’t get a grip on him.

Now, as I said, we’re in pretty thick woods here, but this is a really, really busy park and we’re one of the main trails in the wood. There are signs all through the park reminding people to leash their dogs (and there are tons of people who ignore it, of course).

So, what’s the pathology? Are these people just “well if some busybody gonna tell me what to do imma do the opposite” or do they think their dog is really just such a good dog and the rules are only for bad dogs, or is it something else?

This feels right to me, though I suspect there’s a lot of the “I took french in high school 25 years ago so I’ll be able to get by in Montreal” type thinking at work here given how frequently I have to keep my dog from getting into it with other dogs.

2 Likes

The Parler app annoys me that it’s name is French for “to speak”. It sounds like a French learning app. Instead it’s a derposhere RWNJ app that they probably all pronounce as “parlor”

1 Like

This is certainly common.

I installed solar at someone’s house one time and they had a fairly large dog that acted quite aggressive. The owner swore up and down that the dog was fine. When she walked off, the gardener told me, nope, and the dog had bitten him.

1 Like

How is it pronounced?

I’ve been assuming:

• Par (rhymes with car)
  • Ler (rhymes with her)