2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

1 Like

It’s a thinner crust pan pizza.

1 Like

In light of the recent sleep apnea discussion, I noticed this in a new article about the beneficial effects of Ozempic/Semaglutide on kidney patients.

Still, the results are the latest data to show that semaglutide can do more than treat diabetes or drive weight loss. In March, the F.D.A. authorized Wegovy for reducing the risk of cardiovascular issues in some patients. And scientists are examining semaglutide and tirzepatide, the compound in the rival drugs Mounjaro and Zepbound, for a range of other conditions, including sleep apnea and liver disease.

More details in the Working out / health and fitness thread

2 Likes

If you find yourself on the Kitsap peninsula, swing by Spiro’s. They make a good Greek pie.

We have a curry pizza place nearby. Its quite excellent and is quickly becoming our go to place. The flavor combos work surprisingly well (maybe not super surprising, as the tomato sauce is often replaced with a curry sauce of some type and cheese goes really well with indian spices./

This!

2 Likes

okay… what kind of pizza

8 Likes

It means I have this I think. Though I haven’t followed up with cardiologist yet. Which I think is a good thing, because it means I (probably) don’t have something more serious going on with my heart. Apparently whatever gi issues I had going on were a hell of a trigger.

It’s just weird that standing almost upright but not quite, would cause me to pass out, and so quick.

Provel “cheese” combines with the sauce to make a pink mush.

It’s disgusting.

The Freschetta gluten free frozen pizza is really good if you haven’t tried it. It’s the goat frozen pizza imo.

1 Like

Depends on where you go. And your personal tastes.

Nearly the best pizza I ever had was in Italy. Nearly the worst pizza I ever had was also in Italy.

When I was growing up there was a pizza place in my town called Mr. Gatti’s. It had a pizza buffet (including dessert pizza), a soda fountain, and a big projection screen that showed Looney Toons and Three Stooges. Pretty fun place to hang out as a kid. That place closed down, but it looks like the chain still has a few locations left.

1 Like

Counterpoint: it’s fucking delicious. And I’m pre-programmed to hate all things St. Louis.

3 Likes

The worst pizza in the US that I can recall having is Cici’s Pizza.

1 Like

I’ve had some bad Imos but when it’s cooked right it is delicious.

But there are some lesser knows St. Louis pizzas, specifically in north county, that blows Imos out of the water.

Same style?

1 Like

I could go for some toasted ravioli right about now.

1 Like

Sure, agree (been to Italy a ton of times). Would be a bit too much to ask for an entire country to produce nothing but stellar anything, even pizza in Italy.

Grew up eating at all the New Haven and surrounding spots. I’ve always been partial to Sally’s but haven’t been there in ages. I took my oldest to Modern recently and it’s still fantastic. I’d recommend to go to any of the big ones if you’ve never been but no way any local should wait in a long ass line when there’s a dozen+ spots within 30 minutes that are comparable.

1 Like