2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

It was actually a Greek immigrant inspired by Chinese food.

1 Like

Iā€™m putting Detroit on the list and removing CA but yeah it shouldnā€™t be much bigger than that.

1 Like

Apparently there is Regina style pizza.

2 Likes

Highly recommend this recipe if youā€™re a fan of pizza hut pizza from your youth:

Probably had to start on it yesterday though.

2 Likes

At like 5 restaurants. Itā€™s just pizza with really thick meat layer. Itā€™s really dumb.

I think we made bacon lattice crust at least twice while trying different things. Itā€™s interesting.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the deal with these Greek pizza places? Iā€™ve never really understood whatā€™s going on there since the only pizza places Iā€™ve seen in Greece are either Italian, hole in the wall slices (closer to NY), or some chain place that Iā€™m not willing to try.

Going thin crust, wife is celiac womp womp. TJā€™s makes a great gluten free par-cooked crust. Couple minutes in the Gozney and weā€™re living large.

Iā€™ll post pictures if I remember. Gonna top one with hotdogs and ketchup for the haters.

4 Likes

Not sure if this is a Canadian thing but we have lots of Indian pizza places too. They do things like butter chicken or vindaloo pizza.

2 Likes

There really is St. Louis-style pizza, itā€™s super bizarre.

1 Like

At least St. Louis knows how to do Italian food, unlike ā€œSt. Louis style ribsā€ which is just lol.

1 Like

Wow bro, stop being so Imo.

2 Likes

I actually love Imoā€™s. You can argue itā€™s not pizza. But itā€™s awesome.

Is that good?

I could imagine it being anything from terrible to amazing.

Regina?

I hardly Knew-a

2 Likes

Greek pizza/sub shops are common in New England. Most are just greasy pan pizzas which I thought were pretty gross. Iā€™d always choose Dominoā€™s over the corner Greek place.

1 Like

Not my thing. I prefer sticking to traditional Indian food.

Detroit, St Louis

I like the bottom crust, but not the side crust.

I had a similar reaction when I first learned a Chicago-style hotdog was a thing. But when I ate one, and it was way better than I expected.