2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

How does your state rank?

2 Likes

When I was on a low/no carb diet I would scrape all the toppings off pizza and eat them. I would never just eat pizza crust and I love bread.

For me itā€™s that I get full on like a single slice, and the overall experience just doesnā€™t feel like pizza eating, but an entirely different eating exercise altogether.

2 Likes

Since some of us are apparently coming clean here, Iā€™ll admit it too. Iā€™ve put ketchup on my hot dogs. Donā€™t judge me. I donā€™t do it all the time now, but Iā€™ve done it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been topping hot dogs at home with yellow mustard, pickled onions, and occasionally relish.

I non-ironically love that you can just throw any old glop together and people will defend it endlessly so long as you give it some kind or regional identifier. I want to open a food truck selling ā€œChicago-styleā€ ice cream made entirely of Crisco and Stevia just to watch the sparks fly.

9 Likes

What about St. Louis pizza cut in the style of St. Louis bagels?

1 Like

The best example of this is cincinnati chili. Absolute trash, like the whole state of Ohio.

7 Likes

Blasphemy to say this, but despite pizza being my favorite food for most of my lifetime like any good American, in recent years I find I donā€™t enjoy eating it anymore. Too heavy. Too cheesy. Too greasy. Too monotonous.

1 Like

I refuse to believe that any more than a handful of states actually have a recognizable pizza variant. ā€œOhio-style pizzaā€ is not a thing, no one knows what that is.

1 Like

New York. Chicago. New Haven. California. Hawaiian maybe. Any others?

Hawaiian pizza isnā€™t a type of pizza, itā€™s an assortment of toppings. You might as well put ā€œmeat loversā€ in that list

1 Like

By that definition we can rule out California-style as well.

Hawaiian is def a recognizable pizza type.

Thatā€™d be accurate

Californians live in a form of uncivilized barbarism, with no unique pizza to their name. Like apes in the jungle

2 Likes

I aways though Ohio-Style pizza is when you had to eat the Papa Johns crust dry because someone left a cigarette butt in the dipping sauce

7 Likes

Not a state, but I do love a pie from a Greek pizza joint.

1 Like

Hawaiian pizza isnā€™t a regional variant. It was invented in Canada.

1 Like

Canadian pizza scientists that they probably poached from germany after the fall of the reich

1 Like

Fuck it, Iā€™m making pizza tonight.

4 Likes