2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Very similar, this is my favorite

1 Like

Cicis is certainly below average in pizza terms, but well above average compared to most food. I miss being able to eat there, the value was quite good. Most outlets never reopened after COVID.

I’m like the opposite, I love most things st Louis but provel is … not good

They came all the way from Italy and didn’t even go to Brooklyn SMH

This is correct. Also more interesting variations of pizza than they should have at that price point.

Modern and Sally’s are still best of the best.

I love pizza. My thoughts on pizza anywhere in the country outside of CT/NY is, it’s just not great. You can throw a rock and hit great pizza around here, yet all the places I’ve traveled in the country has been a struggle to find anything halfway decent.

Re: Chicago pizza. I think I enjoyed it more than any other pizza outside of CT, but it’s not pizza, more like lasagna.

Edit: Also, ketchup is the worst of all time condiment, anything you put it on is instantly worse

Lived in New Haven for a year and was introduced to New Haven style pizza. Remember going to Sally’s and it being delicious and worth the considerable wait.

When I moved to San Diego, I stumbled upon a corner pizza joint a couple blocks from my new home and it was hands down the best pizza I ever ate, and remains so to this day. Bronx Pizza in Hillcrest.

1 Like

Anyone had tavern pizza? It seems less doughy and slightly more cracker-y dough. I think the dough uses cornmeal. It’s popular on the south shore of MA and also in Chicago I think.

I like gluten free crust because it’s thin and light and you can eat a good amount without feeling “pizza shitty”. A heavy dough pizza is like fast food for me, it’s good for like 5 bites but after that I’m wheezing and my heart is racing from how heavy it is.

There are some Chicagoans who claim tavern style is the real Chicago style.

Kenji has you covered

This one is next on my list.

1 Like

Nice! Of course Kenji has a recipe for it. I’ll 100% follow that when I give this a shot myself.

But, he cut it wrong! Maybe he mentions it in the article, but I’m almost positive that tavern pies are cut in squares pieces.

In what felt like a fever dream, when I walked into TJ’s this afternoon for pizza ingredients there was an employee dressed up in a hot dog costume sampling 100% all beef, uncured hotdogs. I had a sample, then grabbed a package. Serendipity.

Pizza 1 - tomato sauce, pepperoni, red onion, black olives, mozarella

Pizza 2 - carrot top pesto, giardiniera, ricotta, mozarella

Pizza 3 - tomato sauce, black olives, jalapeno, ricotta, parm, hot dogs

13 Likes

My father in law has this. Does the sight of blood make you feint?

Those look delicious

Not the sight, but if I get blood drawn I’ll faint, unless they lay me down.

1 Like

https://x.com/Klonick/status/1794328582820626432?t=kej9pQjEXPm65R3tGPamjA&s=19

12 Likes

Saw a business advertising this pizza. It looks like it has a nice amount of cheese but the sausage looks like dog food. :yum:

Large 1 Topping Pizza or Small 1 Topping Pizza & a Pitcher of Domestic Beer - $12 🍕

would/would

2 Likes

Who cuts a round pizza like that anyway?

4 Likes