2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

I’m glad I’m not the only one. And yea that’s way more spirited than most of them I see.

well, he sounds great

2 Likes

Some of the videos I’ve seen he doesn’t look like he knows he’s still alive. It’s kind of sad, but hopefully he’s enjoying it and doing it because he wants to.

1 Like
2 Likes

BTW why is nobody talking about hurricane Helene? Is it this effect that hurricanes with female names seem to be more harmless? And you could argue that “Helene” is one most benign-sounding female names out there.

Big 100 for Carter today.

9 Likes

Nice shirt.

Nick Crowley does some really good work in relaying the dark and shitty of our world. The first story in this video made my fucking blood boil

1 Like

My Chrome has been chugging for months now. News sites and even sites like nfl.com and mlb.com would just slow it to a crawl and even get my CPU fan going crazy.

I just turned off Ad Block Plus and replaced it with Ublock Origin and it’s like a whole new day. Everything is snappy again.

1 Like

Is there a grief thread? Just found out my older brother passed. He made it through the hurricane storms but then they found him today deceased.

48 Likes

My condolences

Damn that’s tough. I’m sorry

That’s horrible Marksman, I’m really sorry.

The good news, seriously thanks for the thoughts, is he moved to Georgia since the last election and was probably going to vote for trump. He is non political as they get but grew up in a strong Republican home. He still thought trump was funny. I tried to convince him that trump is an idiot and a danger but he didn’t really care about politics at all.

So if Kamala takes Georgia by one vote you know why.

3 Likes

Holy shit you weren’t kidding. Lock up the operator and cop while we’re at it.

1 Like

Can someone summarize the first story w/o any gory details? Very high level please. As soon as I saw a kid calling 911 I knew I couldn’t listen to it.

Yeah ain’t a chance in hell I’m watching that. Can’t even imagine what the recommended videos feed would look like after watching that one

Nothing gory. Kid in a minivan tries to retrieve something out of the trunk by climbing over the back seat. The seat folds into the folding compartment with him in it and he cant move. He cant reach his phone but uses Siri to call 911. He tells the dispatcher he is in real trouble, the make, model, and color of the van and which parking lot he is located in. He cant hear the dispatcher since the phone isnt close enough but he keeps saying he is going to die if they dont help him.

She sends the cops but either doesnt relay that info or relays it poorly. The cops drive through the parking lot without stopping or getting out to look around, making snarky comments about the rich kids cars and then leave.

6 hours later the father opens the trunk to get something and finds his boy dead.