2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Is the sign calling me, the reader, a jackass?

Who is worried about anyone using the word jackass?

1 Like

I’m not sure how long 60 minutes has been shit, but it’s mostly shit now.

We have that as well (for heat, we aren’t bougie enough for A/C), but having my garage door opener on the Internet has calmed my OCD about leaving the garage door open.

Sunday Morning is an infinitely better show

Look, I don’t know what kind of communist hellhole you are from, but in my household I’m the Man Of The House* and no one touches my thermostat.

*Pending approval from my wife.

4 Likes

It might be fun to try to come up with an equally wrong and inflammatory sign about Republicans. I just don’t have time to devote any creative energy to it

1 Like

You can’t. Every batshit insane thing the far right is accused of is something they actually do.

2 Likes

Burning a cross in another man’s yard.
Tearing down the rights of women, minorities and LGBTQ+.
Murdering the innocent - kids in school.
Telling lies about legal immigrants.
Demanding books be banned.

9 Likes

True, so i just posted things using their template.

1 Like

I mean, there are a bunch of those, but he doesn’t go all the way to the mat every time, but I am pretty sure there has been 2 or 3 where he ended up actually calling a tailor

https://x.com/uncledoomer/status/1839681050026422628?t=N5S8aFtwtHau42DdY5P0AQ&s=19

7 Likes

People who are fat are fat because of their diet, not lack of exercise. You can kill yourself exercising for two hours to burn 1000 calories and then eat/drink1000 calories in a two minutes.

1 Like

i’m well aware :smirk:

that said, people that kill themselves burning 1000 calories in 2 hours are definitely gonna eat most of that and more later on.

1 Like

People can gain muscle from excess calories too.

1 Like

Fit and fat is much better than just fat though.

Unrelated question, what do you do when you find out you have a new kink?

This article is very cool.

I knew the case. But this article is about the man. He did some really interesting things later in life, including opposing some of the post 911 stupidity.

1 Like

Thanks for posting.

One of the last things Korematsu said was, “I’ll never forget my government treating me like this. And I really hope that this will never happen to anybody else because of the way they look, if they look like the enemy of our country.”

Welp.

Highly recommend the Japanese American National Museum in Los Angeles as a lesser-known place to visit when in LA. Very powerful and moving exhibits related to the internment.

3 Likes

My kids’ HS was built on what was a Japanese-American’s farm subject to a forced sale.

1 Like

That’s a great rec. Will have to visit at some point.