2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

I know reading is tough for you bobman, that is not what I was saying

You’re exactly correct and this was sky’s first response that everyone else is ignoring: “they are doing it, so we will too”.

Just don’t pretend this is democratic.

Cassette this act is not working, everyone can see through it

2 Likes

Stop bullying me

1 Like

Literally got a spit take out of me.

You spent how many months talking shit about “styling” on people?

1 Like

So let’s take a look at what started this…

This toxic poster saying anyone who disagrees with her is homophobic.

And if people push back on it they are “bullying” her.

I remember when Victor, one of the most aggressive posters in the history of this community, was also convinced that actually he was the victim.

It’s the final tactic once y’all start getting pushback.

2 Likes

1 Like

When did we decide to build the whole forum out of About Moderation?

2 Likes

I think the old saying is something like - the most interesting part of OOT is discussion about OOT.

I think some squirrels are humping in my second story gutters. I can hear them moving around like crazy and when I went outside to look, the gutter covers were bouncing up and down. Those squirrels are really taking advantage of their day off from work.

6 Likes

Ok but Alex, what are your thoughts on objective reality and how uncomplicated of a relationship do you have said objective reality?

Because we don’t have to guess, and already you seem to think that victims can’t be aggressive so things don’t look good.

If you meant “antagonistic” that might be closer. But the nature of message board posts means that time and space gets stretched.

If only there was something that could be done

I think this is a good point. One of the problems has been a lack of mutual respect here. That’s been a problem long before this string of posts, though, and it isn’t just going in one direction.

1 Like

Love it. If y’all truly wanted that type of post gone from this community I’d be happy to do it.

Since it’s obvious that you are perfectly fine with that type of posting, you’ll continue your behavior and block any attempt to raise expectations for acceptable behavior.

The problem is that there’s no basic standards for behavior and little to no follow through on standards, so bad faith posters constantly looking to find the limit like jalfrezi are still here despite repeatedly breaking the one rule against doxxing we have.

Set some basic standards and enforce them. The toddlers will throw their tantrum, but once it’s ignored behavior will improve.

Idk what you’re getting at but Jal posted a quote the other day about attacking others of things you are guilty of yourself, and I think that sums up a lot of these interactions.

3 Likes

I am a bit torn because I don’t like this siege of skydiver expanded to another thread, but this is the low content thread and this discourse is about devoid of content as one can be.

2 Likes

Yes but when an average UP poster sees there are a ton of new posts in a thread overnight they expect it to be something more interesting than the same 10 people flinging insults at each other for the millionth time. It’s a disappointing reminder that the bickering is slowly killing the site.

4 Likes