2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

One thing I learned from PocketChads is that there are lots of gay transphobes. Loads of them.

1 Like

This could go in like 3 different threads.

Guy hires a dog trainer on Thumbtack to do a 2 week training intensive with his French bulldog.
Dog dies.
Dog trainer turns out to be a serial scammer responsible for multiple similar scams and multiple canine deaths.
French bulldog owner is Bart Hanson.

Glendale USD. He was suspended when this stuff happened, I don’t know if he’s currently employed. He did the rounds of all the right wing media opportunities he could find.

He posted a 45-minute video with his full story that showed up in my YouTube feed because I watch his other stuff. (I initially thought it was a joke like he was pretending to have a beef with another poker player - “I was scammed and my dog was killed by Josephine Ragland”)

Anyway it’s a good story, very sad. It seems like he did an impressive amount of work in helping law enforcement track down the villain and figure out what happened.

I think he mostly wants to spread the word to be more careful and keep things like this from happening. I’m sure he blames himself for not doing a better job vetting the dog trainer.

The thing that shocked me was the trainer wouldn’t give her full name or disclose the location where she was taking the dog. That seems like it would be a huge red flag to even the sweetest summer child.

https://twitter.com/LasVegasLocally/status/1709722944992158141

Fucking greedy bastards. This fake gratuity stuff has to stop.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/ChrisStephensMD/status/1709691639567200502

5 Likes

Tipping and surcharge culture in the USA is annoying as fuck.

1 Like

When companies put a 23% surcharge on the bill, everyone is going to assume it’s an auto-gratuity. They know exactly what they’re doing. How about just charge 23% more for everything and let people tip? Nahhhh, gotta be a surcharge. They’re basically stealing the tip that would normally go to the server.

6 Likes

What are these three writers doing? They are simply going to be replaced now. I understand they are upset drew was going to come back without them, but what is their goal?

I assume their goal is to get new jobs and not work for someone that treated them like shit - same as anyone that quits a company that treats employees poorly. Assuming they are good writers, that’s not an issue.

1 Like

Yeah I always assume that a service fee like that is a tip. That they choose to deceive customers and steal from employees is gross.

They should be required to treat these fees as tips so they then have to go to the employees.

Could start a precedent of everyone in Hollywood hiring non-union writers. I assume that since they left, no union writer will work for Drew anymore.

My sister was a guest on Drews show a couple years ago, and she felt that Drew was very genuinely nice and not phony. Kind of sucks to see even the good celebrities being shitty when it comes to money/employees.

I briefly met Drew a club and she seemed genuinely sweet, with no star attitude at all.

Also she was making out with Heather Graham on the dance floor, as Leonardo DiCaprio looked on sort of annoyed, sort of amused. A month after I moved to LA, and I knew I’d had the biggest star sighting I would ever have.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/corncommunist/status/1709849546778722705

This is great.

7 Likes

How can you expel someone from a country if there are no borders? Chessmate libtard.

2 Likes

My preferred method would be the trebuchet.

1 Like

Pretty interesting article in general on scalping

1 Like

Ticketmaster told me “We are constantly putting up new defenses and identity management tools to weed out suspicious accounts, but with $6 billion dollars on the table for reselling concert tickets each year scalpers are incredibly motivated to find new ways to cheat the system.

Anthony Agrait, a member of PFS, told me that the unlimited nature of the Travis Scott deal was enticing to him: “The fact they said you could buy an unlimited number of tickets for any tour dates, any city, and all of them are $25 commission, I thought, ‘Well, that sounds pretty good.’” Agrait told me he bought 123 tickets on seven credit cards for more than $36,000.

Yep, no way your sophisticated identity management defenses could have caught that one.

Ticketmaster execs should be in jail. My hatred for them knows no bounds.

2 Likes

Ticketmaster thrives off of scalping. They’d go under without it.

They ain’t stopping shit other than fans getting tickets at a reasonable price