2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

not so fast apparently…

such a weird story. i dont have a solution, but as a society we should definitely find a way to regulate child stars/influencers more… the whole thing just seems ripe for abuse.

Damn my pony is significantly glitched thought I had caught up to this thread without missing any posts. The hilarious thing is that she’s accused of fabricating data on that signing at the top paper that I posted about in here a couple years ago (#490) which had already been stricken for a co-author independently fabricating data for a different experiment in the paper. Two data fabrication ships passing in the night.

A Taylor Swift Super Bowl is going to be like $25,000 per ticket.

The super bowl? She’d probably be lucky to make the playoffs with her arm.

10 Likes

This turned out to be a Cloudfare DNS issue (1.1.1.1) in case anyone else is having trouble.

Well this thing is definitely an alien

5 Likes

I will definitely be looking over the egg right when it hatches and it will definitely not attach itself to my face.

7 Likes

My first thought at the picture was “Do I shampoo it, sauté it, or make a basket out of it?”

It makes baskets out of people.

3 Likes

2 Likes

People in hotter climates wash more often?

1 Like

IMO if you are going to go through the trouble of showering everyday, you may as well clean your whole body.

1 Like

Italy is blessed

WTF rest of Europe

1 Like

US full of Protestants. Cleanliness next to godliness and all that.

Euros working from home in their underwear might scratch themselves and wash a bit around lunchtime.

1 Like

not bad

1 Like

Browsing Yahoo news not only leads to a bunch of cool new animal species articles but also gems like this one

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/man-forced-ditch-115k-ford-234104336.html

Bala told FOX Business he believes the government needs to do more to “provide consumers with the right information.”

“People have to make the right choices. I want to tell everybody to read my story,” he said. “Do your research before even thinking about it and make a wiser choice.”

"The actual thing they promised is not even close. Not even 50%. And once you buy it, you’re stuck with it and you have to carry huge losses to get rid of that. And nobody is there to help you.

1 Like

So stupid. No one told me it had limited range!

Eh, I kinda feel for him. But also lol at spending $130K on a truck.

If did long road trips, I would never use an EV. Especially in the cold. I just have way too much natural range anxiety. What happened to him is my exact fear.

But since I hate driving and almost never do them, EV is perfect for my commuting and other errands. So I’ll plan to get one for that as my current ride is dying.

For the rare road trips, we all pile into the gas-guzzling minivan.

I actually don’t feel for him because his whole point was “Do your research”. The research is out there and it is super easy to find. He just didn’t do it.

4 Likes