2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Jordan’s cite is to a Wikipedia page about a 19th century theory that is no longer supported by the consensus. It even says it on the page he quotes.

He is such a clown.

Edit: ponied

2 Likes

I was not sure where to post this.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4177294-majority-of-us-dog-owners-now-skeptical-of-vaccines-including-for-rabies-study/

Oh boy, more rabies.

Calling all Rod-heads.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I have noticed a lot more autistic dogs lately. Makes you think.

6 Likes

I don’t believe the study.

1 Like

Around 10:00 a.m. Norfolk Police Division responded to a call of a man driving eastbound on 275 with a Watusi bull in his passenger’s seat.

“The officers received a call referencing a car driving into town that had a cow in it,” said Police Captain Chad Reiman. “They thought that it was going to be a calf, something small or something that would actually fit inside the vehicle

“As a result, the officers performed a traffic stop and addressed some traffic violations that were occurring with that particular situation,” Reiman said.

9 Likes

Man I miss episodes about Rod.

and here you thought it was just black people pulled over for bullshit reasons

1 Like

Gotten about 2 hours of sleep total over the last two nights. I have to imagine death by insomnia would be one of the absolute worst ways to go. I figure your mind would eventually break entirely before you died, but man, until that point, everything would be agony.

That concern was supported by the new study, which found that the dog owners who espoused “canine vaccine hesitancy,” or CVH, were more likely to embrace misinformation and falsehoods linked to human vaccines. And those anti-vaccine beliefs were potent. Responses from the CVH dog owners suggested that 56 percent opposed mandatory vaccination against rabies, a 100 percent fatal condition.

In a particularly striking finding, the study found that 37 percent of all dog owners believed vaccines could cause their pets to develop cognitive problems, such as “canine/feline autism.”

You take this predisposition to buy into absolute nonsense and add AI and it’s going to be a wiiiiiiiiiild ride to the end of whatever it is we’re doing here.

2 Likes

Damn that sucks. Hope you get some shut eye soon.

1 Like

The scammers are already working on using AI, the future is going to be aging Gen-Xers getting scammed relentlessly by robots. And rabies.

1 Like

Are these two dimensions enough information to calculate surface area?

No.

2 Likes

I was about to say if you assume the angles of the triangles at the top left and top right are 45 degrees then yes. But it’s still no because the triangles don’t start right at the half circle. So you don’t know the dimension at the base of the trapezoid.

Well I’ll be dipped.

I’m just gonna go with: (17*14)-x, where x=80 because I trust my instinct.