2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Last Friday, the National Labor Relations Board released its most important ruling in many decades. In a party-line decision in Cemex Construction Materials Pacific, LLC , the Board ruled that when a majority of a company’s employees file union affiliation cards, the employer can either voluntarily recognize their union or, if not, ask the Board to run a union recognition election. If, in the run-up to or during that election, the employer commits an unfair labor practice, such as illegally firing pro-union workers (which has become routine in nearly every such election over the past 40 years, as the penalties have been negligible), the Board will order the employer to recognize the union and enter forthwith into bargaining.

The Cemex decision was preceded by another, one day earlier, in which the Board, also along party lines, set out rules for representation elections which required them to be held promptly after the Board had been asked to conduct them, curtailing employers’ ability to delay them, often indefinitely.

Taken together, this one-two punch effectively makes union organizing possible again, after decades in which unpunished employer illegality was the most decisive factor in reducing the nation’s rate of private-sector unionization from roughly 35 percent to the bare 6 percent at which it stands today.

11 Likes

Spoiler: dust.

1 Like

lololol

No chance anything paper survives of course but that’s exactly what I expected.

Would be even better if it was a 200 year troll

reminds me of the time some dude buried all his paper money then was shocked when he dug it back up.

Man that’s a terrible poem

7 Likes

Got my student loan bill. An absolutely absurd $700/month. Was paying about 200/mo before the pandemic, my salary has increased maybe 8% since then. Great SAVE plan we got here.

4 Likes

1 Like

Just doing a week of thanking the people I appreciate and wanted to say to you all that I really appreciate this small community. I have learned so much from you all.

27 Likes
2 Likes

Jordan back on the benzos?

Holy shit, it really was a replay of Capone’s vault.

Should have voted harder.

1 Like

i’m sorry but what complete and utter bullshit.

“Other people report seemingly unbelievable events, which we can later confirm. One woman lost consciousness while riding her horse on a trail. Her body stayed on the trail while her consciousness traveled with her horse as he galloped back to the barn. Later, she was able to describe exactly what happened at the barn because she had seen it despite her body not being there.”

People describe things accurately going on during CPR all the time too. That’s because their brain is getting perfusion (I once had a patient wake up and regain full consciousness while doing CPR, only to lose it before we stopped. He did this until he said good bye to his wife of 60 years). This person notably was simply ‘unconscious’, not pulseless. If NDE’s as defined by this guy as ‘unconscious’ he can fuck right off. This is clearly sloppy pseudoscience.

The kid stuff too is classic horseshit. Kids are so incredibly suggestible.

Honestly the fact that this makes me so mad says something more about me than anything else. Deaths are hard to deal with, and I take them pretty hard.

7 Likes

No way in hell am I paying a single dollar of this extortion.

I’ll gladly pass the cost on to plumbers and paper factory middle management.

Keep working the steps.

You should qualify for a full refund for all the good it’s done you.

lol @ Jordan Peterson calling someone else a boring bloviator

Zzzzzzzzzz

I think that is Andrew Tates brother who just got done reading a pickup artist book about how to troll people online