2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

I don’t think I hate it. Half the problem is that you go in expecting “chili” and then you get whatever that is.

However, if I set that aside and evaluate it as something different, I think it is K. Definitely don’t love it, but don’t hate it either.

right. It’s Greek.

Like, try some good moussaka and you’ll instantly recognize the flavor palette it shares with Cincy-style chili.

Trouble is, when you hear “chili” you think of the stuff from Texas or whatnot.

1 Like

I have had good, homemade greek moussaka and skyline chili. I don’t really associate the two, but thee experiences were decades apart. When I go to a Greek place, I never order that. And I’ve only been to Skyline a couple of times.

I do, on occasion, order pastitsio. I guess the flavor profile of meat in that is kind of, sort of, maybe similar. I’d probably have to taste them at the same sitting (or at least more frequently) to detect that.

this seems extremely normal

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1601164775375114243

Hopefully they build a million of them and program an AI to run them with instructions to “eliminate all pests”. What could go wrong?

2 Likes

Hopefully they’d come for the About Moderation thread.

12 Likes

“Eliminate all pets” typo

2 Likes

1 Like

This is the Black Mirror episode “Hated in the Nation”

I really love this Nextdoor post. In order to share information on the internet she took a photo of a newspaper article and posted it. Extra credit for “in case you missed this on the news last night” lol.

2 Likes

What can you give to the young voter who already has free healthcare and education?

1 Like

Condoms are just health care.

I imagine, if you buy in super-bulk, you could get a LOT of condoms for the public healthcare costs of just one baby, nevermind STDs.

https://twitter.com/heyguys_heyguys/status/1601230268874231809?t=u9dxQ43tBZI1Rarlb3c9sw&s=19

10 year anniversary of Ikea monkey. I found this hilarious at the time.

or even just regular-bulk

ditto

6 Likes

Does Cincinnati chili have beans in it? I don’t acknowledge ANY chili with beans in it.

I don’t think it does but it’s more of a spaghetti sauce than a chili anyway.

3 Likes

I made chili and slaw dogs a couple weeks ago. Didn’t feel like making my own chili, as the point was to just do a quick and satisfying dinner, so I bought a can of Skyline. I had never had it before. It was ok, but yeah, the cinnamon and cocoa definitely make it taste different. Didn’t like it as much as “normal” chili, but it was still tasty on a hot dog.

I actually use cinnamon in turkey chili that I make (with beans, as opposed to beanless which is better on a hot dog), but it’s just a hint of flavor, not the really strong cinnamon flavor in Skyline.

Dude with an antique Bluetooth headset basically ran to get to the costco return line before me, they have been working on his return (an acer monitor) for like seven minutes already and now there are three employees huddled around the register FML

2 Likes