2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

I don’t really have strong feelings one way or another. When I would get lunch at the Texas Chili Parlor it was usually a cheeseburger with a taster of white chili (which is closer to chili verde than anything else). Although I do think Texas red with chunks o’ beef and chilis is special enough to be considered its own thing distinct from general purpose ancho-cumin stews.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I think thick chunky beef chili is awesome.

That place is a pretty fancy restaurant

Hooters used to have a grouper sandwich - big piece of fried fish on a long bun, cheese, onions. That’s what I want.

But I’ll settle for whatever crazy hipster concoctions they want to try.

There was a restaurant in LA that was basically an upscale Applebees called Houston’s that I absolutely loved when we lived there and had a god tier fish sandwich.

1 Like

Fish and cheese is a no go for me. Apparently this is at least a lukewarm take.

1 Like

honestly filet-o-fish is pretty good for a fast food fish sandwich. Maybe I’m just nostalgic. But if so it’s lasted for decades, just had one right before Thanksgiving and it was great.

It can really be any white fish.

I’d be thrilled with a shrimp po-boy, but with fish.

1 Like

They were based out of KC and had restaurants there too.

The were notorious in the table-waiting world for being hard-ass bosses. But good money.

Of course the one time I ever ate there my order got totally screwed up and I got a raw filet mignon well after everyone else was served. I know that wasn’t the norm though.

Get a double. The single filet-o-fish has shrunk to postage stamp size.

I could eat $40 worth of food at McDonald’s and still not be full.

1 Like

Just find a good fish and chips place imo

1 Like

I always get nauseous by the end of fish and chips. Too much grease and tartar, and maybe malt vinegar.

Sandwich bread seems to balance all that out.

12 triple cheeseburgers, sir?

Probably. They’re like 3 bites each.

okay, so 36 triple cheeseburger bites ain’t filling you up?

1 Like

I like where we’re going with this. Sounds like a prop bet waiting to happen.

Make sure we get some video to post on unstuck. Thanks.

3 Likes

I’ve never walked out of McDonald’s full. I don’t know what the threshold is.

surely it’s 36 bites of triple cheeseburger

2 Likes

Probably. I usually mix in chicken on fish and fries. Even McDonald’s “beef” will probably add up at some point. $40 and I get to pick the menu is a different story.

1 Like

Your wife is a saint, except for the macaroni part.