2023 Israel Conflict - Ground Forces Enter Gaza

I mean, it seems kinda clear to me.

yeah prety clear…

Instead of funneling money to rebuild Gaza or to the failed UNRWA, the international community can assist in the costs of resettlement, helping the people of Gaza build new lives in their new host countries.
Victory is an opportunity for Israel in the midst of crisis - opinion - The Jerusalem Post

the israeli minister of intelligence says it’s ethnic cleansing

1 Like

Everyone in Hamas dead, no matter the collateral damage. If you want fewer civilian casualties, propose a different way to kill everyone in Hamas. Ceasefires don’t kill Hamas, so that’s not going to happen and I wouldn’t bother calling for one.

They are not even trying to keep it a secret - a humanitarian crisis is fine (even good) so long as it hurts both Hamas and civilians.

https://twitter.com/hahauenstein/status/1726326602399940867

Israel’s trolley problem: 1 civilian and 1 Hamas or 20 civilians and 2 Hamas

Except by levelling hospitals they are creating more hamas members every day. Its like 20 civilians dead equals 2 more hamas members not 2 fewer.

2 Likes

this is what passes for discussion in some channels. it’s rigt there in between denial and justification of a possible genocide, and gets brought up in the context of anti-jewish pogroms and cleansing from other muslim countries. not going to discuss this further, it is incredibly triggering

1 Like

The goal is clearly no more anything in Gaza, so that if there are new militants, they will be another country’s problem.

Has anyone even come up with a good idea for hurting Hamas that doesn’t result in a humanitarian crisis?

Full Israeli occupation has to be better than current situation. UN could distribute aid under Israeli protection so Hamas can’t steal.

Of course this will lead to serious risks for Israeli soldiers - which is why they want to force Arab nations to do the occupation.

Also not saying this is ideal, just better than current not allowing aid since it might (predominantly) goes to Hamas.

Bibi dispatched his Mossad chief Yossi Cohen and the IDF’s officer in charge of Gaza, Herzi Halevi, to Doha to beg the Qataris to continue to send money to Hamas back in 2020.

Maybe not do that anymore.

2 Likes

Let’s rephrase that. Has anyone come up with a good idea for killing all or most of Hamas that doesn’t result in a humanitarian crisis?

What’s the long-term plan there? I don’t see that as an option unless your plan is a permanent occupation.

Occupation seems to be the standard operating procedure for the past 50 years or so.

It depends on whether you think occupation is an accurate description after the 2005 disengagement.

So far it sounds like permeant direct occupation as opposed to the indirect occupation with Hamas running it directly or ethnic cleansing sounds like the two options on the table

Israel withdrew its troops and settlers in 2005, though it retained control over its airspace, shared border and shoreline. The UN still considers the territory to be occupied by Israel.

A completely free Gaza gets zero water and electricity from Israel, even for humanitarian reasons.

would they need it if their own infrastructure isn’t destroyed as soon as they get it operational?

that isn’t necessarily rhetorical. if an independent gaza pre-razing had the use of it’s own waters and infrastructure including airports, do we know what they could or couldn’t sustain…

I have no idea, but if they can, have fun in the period before you get that up and running.