2023 Israel Conflict - Ground Forces Enter Gaza

I’m not familiar with his story but if he went around killing children than he is obviously a bad guy and not a hero.

1 Like

On Germany cracking down on Palestinians and supporting Israel, squashing free speech

I get what you’re saying but it’s missing the international context. Twice that I can think of Israel has done the right thing. The first was during the Suez crisis when Eisenhower told Ben-Gurion “Fuck you, no more military aid.” Israel then very promptly bailed out of the Sinai. The second was during the siege of Beirut when Carter likewise told Begin “Fuck you, no more military aid.” Begin very swiftly pulled back to the border. Such threats are the only thing that’s been shown to work. If Biden really cared about “civilian immunity” or the" humanitarian crisis" he could do the same. But he just doesn’t seem to have the stones.

2 Likes

That’s not a very credible threat because it will cause Biden to lose in 2024 and then Israel gets all the aid they want.

I don’t think he is obviously a bad guy to many people.

Reagan diary entry on a call with Menachim Begin, 1982:

Say what you want about Reagan, at least he knew how to crack the whip of American empire.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1726053359516320103?t=Aa-Ik7iFhdtMpak3BBBHDA&s=19

White House is saying they’re close but haven’t sealed the deal

https://twitter.com/talschneider/status/1726310948737077707?t=LdXZQYVKFQrp6LtfVUPE4Q&s=19

i don’t often go to 2p2, but somebody posted this and… is this anywhere near accurate??

The death toll is pretty close to what ive seen posted elsewhere. Not sure about the rest of the numbers.

Is there a reason why women and children are being killed disproportionately?

Sounds like the US government needs to start seriously dealing with Egypt + Jordan + Western allies for relocating Palestinians if half the residential units are gone.

They aren’t.

Gaza is 47% children and make up 42% of deaths. Women make up less than 50% of the adult deaths.

I don’t remember the numbers I heard, but they said the region has an unusually high number of children and young people.

i have now heard dozens of people bring up that despite everything, palestinians have a naturally growing population (at least according to sampling estimates, i don’t know if anyone has reliable census data), with some of the highest fertility rate in the worlds, all while hamas’ repeated claim is that there is a genocide. that ideology is not unique to hamas, lots more extreme and totalitarian regimes call themselves persecuted, genocided, or otherwise replaced, but those states are more often than not also experience a demographic crisis, rather than growth.

Damn, I guess their fertility rate is now 3.6 per woman according to google.

Maybe Palestine doesn’t get birth control.

Combine that with a patriarchal society and there you have it.

Power to the people!

The death figures at least are roughly accurate, I have no idea about the other stuff, it wouldn’t surprise me. Children are dying at a vastly higher rate per day than in other conflicts. Women and children make up 70% of the population in Gaza so it’s not surprising.

Of course, it’s not any better to kill children slower for longer, but then it’s not clear to me what the endpoint of this campaign is. What is it Israel is actually trying to achieve here? Unclear.

Dude what in the fuck is this?

2 Likes