2023 Israel Conflict - Ground Forces Enter Gaza

What does Free Palestine mean to American liberals? A Palestinian state run by Hamas? Just a nice thing to say?

1 Like

The poll finds 86% of college students saying theyā€™re aware of the Oct. 7 attack on Israel. And of that share, 67% describe the attack as an act of terrorism by Hamas, versus 12% who see it as a justified act of resistance by Hamas. Another 21% describe it as something else other than an act of terrorism or resistance.

By party, 73% of Republicans, 50% of Democrats and 50% of independents say they blame Hamas for the attack on Israel.

And by race, 58% of white college students, 47% of Latinos and 36% of Black college students believe Hamas deserves blame for the attack.

Israel no longer exercising control of the West Bank.

Seems like a lot of evidence pointing to a rocket malfunction and at least it seems like slightly less damage than originally reported.

If you accept Bidenā€™s statement and the evidence shown by Israel, i really hope thereā€™s some type of repercussion to Hamas within those who took their word when they knowingly lied about killing their own people.

Of course the first stipulation is far from a given.

1 Like

https://x.com/Osinttechnical/status/1714535687070916987?s=20

Last night I would have said it was a bomb based on the initial reports but looking at the area now it looks like a rocket explosion.

Nobody itt has any expertise to ascertain if it was a bomb or not. Itā€™s scary that doesnā€™t seem to even stop us from wildly speculating. The future of the information landscape is pretty bleak.

5 Likes

And for the Gaza?

What if we look really closely at the pixels?

4 Likes

What do you mean by ā€œusā€?

Yggy was right.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1714608428734124317?t=-ce8MnsHA5zva883PbakfA&s=19

Who would those people be? Genuinely curious.

The fucked up thing is, if this was a Hamas rocket gone astray - seems like thereā€™s no way Israel would be able to convince Palestinians and the rest of the ME of this. I imagine Hamas will just double down endlessly and never admit fault. Hope Iā€™m wrong.

Apologies if one of the NaziX links already addressed this, but if it was a Hamas rocket malfunction, what was the rocketā€™s intended target? Was there an Israeli aircraft in the vicinity?

They just fired from nearby.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s much uncertainty.

https://x.com/EliotHiggins/status/1714525755554615554?s=20

The hospital wasnā€™t destroyed, Hamas lied nearly the entire time.

4 Likes

Was the report of 500 people in the hospital being killed wrong, then? If thatā€™s still true then Iā€™d hardly call the question of whodunnit ā€œmootā€ just because of lack of property damage.

I mean, Yggy was right about reserving judgment instead of wasting time chasing every new report.

After the torrent of disinfo and utter bullshit on Twitter about this, Yggyā€™s decided this one post that confirms his priors settles the matter? Good to see heā€™s learned absolutely nothing from this.

1 Like

It seems like people died, more than what youā€™d expect with a rocket, but less than the amount initially reported.