2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

Akss makes the turn shove pretty bad. Especially if you have the villain read correctly.

Good thing is you chopped and he knows you’re not scared to empty the clip.

Also, you don’t suck. That first hand you posted shows that. That’s a strong line for how seldom you play and/or study.

I was trying to idiot proof the situation

I think villain recognized it as this. Still, villain probably did not love the call.

What and where is this? Is that veal parmigiana?

Sinatra at Encore. Veal Parm. My wife has me on a super healthy diet at home so it was an indulgence.

I played a bit after dinner but my flight leaves super early and I hit the wall so I’m done. Was a fun few days and I really enjoyed the poker. More than I have in a long time. Scheduled to come back for a couples weekend towards the end of June.

Going back to the AK hand, I also forfeited the ability to take the pot away later. I’m in position, I should be the one using scare cards to my benefit as my range is way wider having just called pre and (had I not fucked up) on flop. Like if that turn Jack rolls off and then I start going ballistic there’s a good chance I get him off it.

Don’t think good players fold TPTK at this stack to pot ratio, particularly not on a Jack turn which is pretty neutral. You don’t have too many JX combos pre.

To any UP’ers at the WSOP, the precedent has been set.

In general, erroring on the side of aggression is a good thing.

People here going to compete at the WSOP without the proper attire are drawing dead.

Step 1 of inflatable vest:

Step 2 in case of emergency blow throw the laces

Step 3 if all else fails go full Handmaid’s Tale

2 Likes

His speed of play is everything wrong with modern poker pros. Just disgusting. So glad he lost. Pure karma.

I don’t think finishing 2nd in the 25k hu event is really the best example of pure karma.

3 Likes

Tournaments are such an unpleasant experience that I never even consider playing them and I’m probably not alone among -EV players.

2 Likes

There is a $580 satellite that awards $10k tournament chips 2 hours after I land. I assume I can spread that $10k out through different buy ins? It’s also not redeemable for cash correct?

I dunno man, tournaments seem to be doing quite fine. There have been 13k entries into the $500 wsop event with another starting day to go.

Why would you want to play that as oppose to say a regular 500 dollar tournament? Unless you are very skilled in mega sats, which are the least fun format in existance, just play regular tournies.

No real reason other than a way to fund the rest of my entries and there wasn’t many other options. I guess just binking a regular tournament would work. Looks like the other option that is a $600 Venetian bounty $40k. That seems fun as well.

1 Like

Not redeemable for cash, but you used to be able to sell lammers to other players. They did some cracking down on it last year because technically you’re not supposed to and people did it right in front of the cage.

You’re not required to use them on a specific tournament as far as I know. I think they are $500 lammers, but not sure.

1 Like

Really? I always found them fun, using strategies that don’t come up much vs guys that have no idea what they are doing. FWIW I haven’t played one in 15 years, so my opinion is dated and might not fit modern conditions.

1 Like

Way too incentivized to play nitty.

Yeah, but there has to be one guy at the table that drives the pressure. I always found it fun to try to get into the position to be that guy.

I mean no kink shaming here. But folding 3 hours on the bubble with the occasional shove from the sb and pray that the bb understands the format is pretty depressing if its not your job.

The recreational dream “shoud” be more of a jamie gold run on your way to winning a tourney. An eternity long bubble where accumulating chips is meaningless is not my idea of a good time

3 Likes